PDA

View Full Version : Electric Mincer for Beef Heart Mix

TW
Wed Apr 02, 2008, 12:15 PM
Been looking on ebay for mincer options. There are some electric ones with 1500W motors & others with 500W motors & there is a fair difference in the end selling price for both sorts. Is a 500W or 600W strong enough to do a nice, good & quick job. Don't want to spend more than I need to, but also don't want to scrimp if the smaller motor will make the much job harder & slower.

Does anyone have experience with electric mincers & what a good size motor would be? Thanks in advance.

AHC
Wed Apr 02, 2008, 09:52 PM
Hi,

Im not sure how much help i can be but......... i bought a highlander food processor of the internet and thats a 600w from memory. http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/highlander-food-processor-multi-function-10-speed-600w/

Ive used it to make a couple of batches of BH and im not sure if its that particular model or the power but it keeps skipping. My understanding is that alot of them do that somteimes based on the food. I thought it was just me mis-using it but appently not? With the consistency of the meat, vegies etc needed and the time needed to make sure you do it right (i.e. correct size for eating) i think i will prefer the meat grinder which im going to get before my next batch. This will eliminate any larger chucks of BH that get missed in the processor and end up sitting on the bottom of the tank because its to big for them to eat. All in all, the highlander is great and if you have the time (and dont mind the smell and mess) then you can make a nice batch - using the different blades etc. Trick is not to make it puree :roll:

To be honest, i dont think i will ever use it again though and won't use it for anything else so its just going to sit there. If you want it, its yours. :)

TW
Wed Apr 02, 2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks Aaron

Thanks for the info & picture. No, its not the same as what I'm looking at. The picture is of a food processor. What I'm looking at is a grinder, but it is electric.

Does anyone have experience with electric grinders, & if so, if 500 or 600W is sufficient, or if the more powerful 1500W are better.

thanks in advance.

AHC
Wed Apr 02, 2008, 10:30 PM
ok no worries. Good luck.

ILLUSN
Thu Apr 03, 2008, 10:10 AM
I've got an electric grinder with a 1500w moter, bout as big as you can get in a domestic unit.

IT'S GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get one if you can, but even the 1500w slows a little with big chunks of beefheart.

TW
Thu Apr 03, 2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks ILLUSN

Glad I asked. Wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting the extra cash that the 1500W ones cost. I'll make sure that's what I get though.

I have enough beef heart already to last quite a while, but I want to make up a new small batch especially for the young heckels, with pro growth & NatuRose.