PDA

View Full Version : My Fish

Dearra
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 11:37 AM
Just thought I would share some photos of my fish.

Dearra

Dearra
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 11:41 AM
For some reason I can only do one at a time.

Dearra
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 11:42 AM
Another one

Dearra
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 11:43 AM
One more

Dearra
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 11:44 AM
one more

Dearra
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 11:45 AM
last one

Matt15
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 12:59 PM
You've got a nice collection there, all are very fat and healthy. I'd love to see a full lenght shot of your tank.

Dearra
Tue Apr 01, 2008, 12:52 AM
I would love to show a full photo of my tank. But I just can't get the perfect photo, they all come out too dark. I have messed around with the settings on my camera and can't remember what they should be on.

Dearra

Hollowman
Thu Apr 03, 2008, 08:26 PM
Dearra,

This is my first post at this forum, and it seems you are happy with your fish and I respect that.

On a more constructive assessment of the fish, they do all seem to be stunted. Traits that show this are poor shape, (rugby ball shaped tendancies) and the eye size ratio, meaning that the eyes look too big for the fish. A 'normal' fish can be judged by drawing a vertical line from the top of the head, right through the centre of the eye to the bottom of the fish. You should be able to measure 7 1/2 eye sizes in this line.
Also imo, the last photo of the pigeon, it looks painfully thin. Just above the eyes looks very hollow to me, might be the pic, so I suggest lots of good food, BH, t.prima, and plenty of clean water.

That said, stunting normally happens at your lfs, if in fact you got them from there, or from the breeder you got them from if poor care was taken in raising them. Sadly they will always show these traits but as I said, if you like them, then thats great.

I am sure some of the sponsors here would be pleased to supply great fish, and it has been my experience from other forums, to know that there are many hobbyist breeders who do a stunning job of raising young fish, and who would be happy to share some with you.

Good luck

HM