PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Sykes Big-L for Poultry & Pigs

Tam
Sat Mar 29, 2008, 08:28 AM
Hi,

im looking to get a bottle off someone from Sydney by tomorrow *Sunday* , doesnt matter if its been used halfway or not as i would rather treat my fish as soon as possible.
Will pick it up tomorrow, please PM me your contact details if you could spare it. Otherwise i will order one online by Sunday night.

Tam

Fishontherun
Sat Mar 29, 2008, 01:02 PM
hi Tam where about are you I'm in Revesby has about 3/4 left you can have it for $10.

Tam
Sat Mar 29, 2008, 09:26 PM
is there anyone else willing to let go of there bottle?

Fishontherun: im in marrickville, but will take it if no one else offers it to me. Have sent you a PM, will try to pick it up by this afternoon.

Tam
Sat Mar 29, 2008, 11:53 PM
hey guys, i have found an alternative medication no need for this now. thanks

fish_r
Sun Mar 30, 2008, 01:54 AM
whats the alternate one ?

Tam
Sun Mar 30, 2008, 08:55 AM
the alternative i believe is CPV Reptile Worm Rid it contains fendabenzole and praziquantal. So it should treat both threadworms and tapeworms.

samir
Sun Mar 30, 2008, 09:02 AM
it may also kill all your fish along with the worms if you add it to water.

Tam
Sun Mar 30, 2008, 09:10 AM
this was taken from cichlid site
credits go to Anthony from Auburn Aquarium

Hi All
Camallanus is a live bearing nematoad and is a nasty sucker to erradicate once you get it. I have had some success treating with levamisole (yes it is ok to use the bird / sheep / cattle treatments however concentration is important, sorry i don't have the correct dose on me. Call me at the shop 96485200 if reqd) however i have had the best sucess treating with an active ingrediant called Fendbendazole. This is commerically availible as CPV Reptile Science Worm Rid. Both Levasimole and Fendbendazole are only effective if feed in food. I soak the meds with either dry foods (Tetra Bits) or Live worm in the treatment and then feed to the fish. 2 or 3 treatments is usually enougth. I commonly deal with this paracite in Native rainbowfish and have a fairly high success rate in treatment if the fish are still eating. If they are not eating for the sake of the other tank mates move the effected fish on to fish heaven and still treat all other fish in the tank / system with the medicated food. The other advantage of reptile worm rid is that it also contains some praziquantel which will also clean out any other unwanted nasty internal paracite at the same time. Also if soaking a dry food I usually will then dry the food out again before feeding. I am able to supply any of the above mentioned active ingrediants at Auburn Aquarium.
Kind Regards and Good Luck
Anthony

TW
Sun Mar 30, 2008, 09:22 AM
you can get Big L from here. Usually very good service, eg quick postage. http://www.2easy.com.au/shop/articles.php?search=big+l&x=21&y=8

the german
Mon Mar 31, 2008, 12:17 AM
levamisole (yes it is ok to use the bird / sheep / cattle treatments however concentration is important, sorry i don't have the correct dose on me. Both Levasimole and Fendbendazole are only effective if feed in food. I soak the meds with either dry foods (Tetra Bits) or Live worm in the treatment and then feed to the fish. 2 or 3 treatments is usually enougth. The other advantage of reptile worm rid is that it also contains some praziquantel which will also clean out any other unwanted nasty internal paracite at the same time. Also if soaking a dry food I usually will then dry the food out again before feeding. I am able to supply any of the above mentioned active ingrediants at Auburn Aquarium.
Kind Regards and Good Luck
Anthony
dont know mate but sounds like he not really know what hes talking about
just my 2 cent