PDA

View Full Version : Back of Tank

Gone Fishing
Mon Mar 24, 2008, 01:44 AM
Hi All,
All my Discus are at the back of my tank, behind the filter pick up at the top. This is not usual for them.
They look fine, water chemistry is fine.
Although they seem a bit nervous when they do come out.
Friday night it started, did a 50% water change. See some of them out sometimes. I keep the light off and I'm feeding them only once a day, just in case.
I haven't done anything different.
I thought I'd treat them with antibiotics if they caught some bacteria from the gravel while I was vaccuming the gravel and doing a 50% water change.
Any ideas?

Many Kindly Fishy Regards
Jason

discusluver
Mon Mar 24, 2008, 02:18 AM
hi jason if all your water parametres are ok i would suggest you do another water change and maybe do a 50% change every second day and see if that pepps them up
i usally keep my water at 5.5ph and as low as 4.8ph i find it really keeps the slimecoat srong on the fish and seems to ward off a lot of nasties and very soft water around 20-40ppm gh. my discus have very large appetites and i think it has to do with lots of waterchanging and acidic soft water the other key to me is you can never have enough filtration the more the better.
GOODLUCK hope they all look fiesty for you again soon! :D
P.S make sure they dont have worms check to make sure there waste is not clear or jelly like.it should be darkish and solid\firm :shock: ICK hahahahaha!
keep us posted!