PDA

View Full Version : thinking of putting extra light into aquaone 620 tank

writemeplz
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hi,
I have some plants in this tank. but I think the inbuilt ligh is not strong enough to grow the plants. there used to be two t8 lights but one circuit is gone. but due to its design, it is hard to buy the right t5 unit to fit into the tank. Do you have any idea? I went to Bunnings to get some light to find. but the only thing can be fit is called t4 (maybe 18w). I will really appreciate if you advised me in this situation.
Thanks

ILLUSN
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
you'll proably have to gut the entire hood and retrofit it with some other kind of light, its proably goimg to be a job for an electrician.

writemeplz
Sat Mar 22, 2008, 11:30 AM
you'll proably have to gut the entire hood and retrofit it with some other kind of light, its proably goimg to be a job for an electrician.

I am waiting from Ben to get me the best light to fit :D

By the way, I just find that the light I have is 15w. what is the minimum watt for the heavily planted 2ft tank?

ILLUSN
Sat Mar 22, 2008, 09:52 PM
15w is very little light.

id say is only good for 10 gal MAX.

how big is the tank? on my 2 footer i run 60W

writemeplz
Sat Mar 22, 2008, 10:04 PM
It is 20G. Is it worth of using CO2 setup for this 2ft setup?
Also I have found a Calcium setup from ebay below.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320230934687&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011
Can I convert this into CO2 without adding anything?

Thanks.

ILLUSN
Sun Mar 23, 2008, 10:19 AM
Co2 will be useless to you without decent light, i'd stick to low light plants and try and retro the hood.