PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lisbon!

dinodane
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 12:51 AM
Hello.

I am newbie to keeping discus, although I've always had (and still have)other tropical fishes. I live in Lisbon, Portugal, I am 35 years old and I also keep a great dane named Anubis and a cat, her name's Mia.

My nickname is a tribute to a great dog I lost last year and as I use it in other internet discussion foruns I'll use it here as well.

I love all animals and I am involved in great dane rescue as well as adoptions of stray or abandoned cats and dogs, which is a serious problem in my country. People lack information (and formation) and most unfortunately backyard breeders and misinformed people keep breeding their pets at random, feeding our streets with animals nobody cares for.

I am fascinatated by my discus and I hope to learn a lot with you all, I really hope to be able to raise my small discus to adulthood. I never had discus before because I though it was hard to keep and my tanks were small for them, now I have a suitable tank and I am really into this beautiful fish.

Thank you for reading. :)

Matt15
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 03:15 AM
Big welcome to you Dinodane.

I've always wanted to visit Lisbon especially the Belem Tower. There's so much history and culture there.
I'm sure you'll find all the info you need here and if you can't find it, feel free to ask mate.
I'd love to see some pics of your tank and discus.....;)

dinodane
Fri Mar 21, 2008, 11:32 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Lisbon is nice to visit, there's so much more to see than the Belem Tower!

I've already browsed the forum and I've already learned a lot.

Please check my tank here (you can see my other animals as well :) )

http://arcadenoe.sapo.pt/petsite.php?id=21588

Your comments will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.