PDA

View Full Version : Eheim 2260 filter media

Jules
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hi Everyone i have eheim 2260 external cannister filter that came with my tank am i safe using the old media in it :?: It has not been used for a couple of years. It also only has 2 layers and by the looks of the manuel i managed to get on-line it should have 3. I have e-mailed the company directly to try and get one but they said they don't sell on-line i must go to local retailer but being on christmas island i think a $1800 plane trip to perth just for filter media is just a bit much :!: :!: Does ANYONE know of a retailer that may sell complete media sets for this filter that i can even ring maybe to try and get one :?: Also the filter i had borrowed from my supplier has been in my tank for 4 days but has suddenly stopped i have 2 aqua genies running and a small sponge filter will there be enough bacteria in my other filters now :?: i will be changing 25% of my water each day while this filter is not going (500ltr tank) will this be ok until i can get my Eheim going :?:

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 01:08 PM
Jules, there won't be nearly enough bacteria in your new filters after only 4 days. I've given you some tips on how to get the big filter going and that should work. If you can't manage to get it going, then you'll need to remove all the filter media from that filter, put it into mesh bags (or stockings) and drop it into the tank.

The bacteria colony is the big filter need oxygen to survive otherwise they die within a few hours.

Have a look in the classified section. Several of our online sponsors will be happy to post media for your eheim filter. If it hasn't been used for a couple of years, the rubber seals will probably be perished and you'll need to order them too.

taksan
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 01:10 PM
http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/

Ask them to order EH22602 from Aquatopia for you.