PDA

View Full Version : How do i prime a DiA 809 filter

Jules
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 06:21 AM
I have a large DiA 809 cannister filter which i borrowed from my fish supplier. When i first put it in i just put the tubes in the water turned it on turned the taps to open and it all started running perfectly. While i was cleaning the in pipe got knocked out of water got air in it then the flow of water stopped. i stuck it staight back in but the water did not suck up again. so then i just went back to how i started it in the first place and this did not work either how do i get the water flowing in again :?: :?:

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 20, 2008, 12:57 PM
It sounds like it's got an airlock.

I'm not familiar with that particular brand, however, give this a try.

Using a jug or bottle totally fill the filter cannister and hoses with tank water, till they are almost overflowing. Drop the hoses back into the tank and turn the filter on giving it a gentle shake every few seconds to dislodge any air bubbles.

If it doesn't start up straight away, turn it off again and see if you can put some more tank water into the inlet hose. Turn it on again, giving a gentle shake as before.

You may need to do this a couple of times, but it will eventually start up once it's purged all the air from the system.