PDA

View Full Version : confession time

rwel4809
Tue Mar 18, 2008, 10:31 PM
Hi all,

I have to confess that I have broken the rules and put the beautiful white albino snakeskin I bought from xtreme on Saturday straight into my display tank.. :oops:

He seems fine, swimming about with the gang..

But he still hasn't eaten anything.. I had this problem when I introduced a pidgeon blood, he took his time to get eating but is now the biggest guts in the tank!!

I have tried beefheart mix; frozen bloodworms, dried bloodworms, mal's blackworms, colour bits, pro colour flake... I even soaked a mixture of dried worms and some dried krill in with crushed garlic, and still no interest...

It's now day 5... At what point should I start to worry?

Wayne - what was he eating when he was with you, can you give me some pointers??

Robert

JoeDiscus85
Tue Mar 18, 2008, 11:07 PM
Id say start to worry now... I had a cobalt exactly like that, He ended up having hex. I got him to eat by adding kent marine garlic extreme whoa this stuff is potent!!! I had to treat him with metro,and prazi now he is totally back to normal, But even before treatment i could get him to eat when i added the garlic extreme, I only treated him because he still had white stringy poo. Thats my limited bit of experience..

Joe

ILLUSN
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 12:13 AM
try some bloodworms to stimulwte his appitite, also live brineshrimp works well, if need be use live blackworms but make sure they are from a clean tank.

dandaman352
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't worry about it to often, took mine around 6 days to finally get used to the tank and pig out but if it passes a week you probably have a sick fish =(