PDA

View Full Version : WTB Juwel Vision 450

Tracey73
Mon Mar 17, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hi :)

Currently searching for a 2nd hand Juwel Vision 450, black or dark wood colour tank & cabinet, or a good deal for a new one :wink:

taksan
Mon Mar 17, 2008, 11:03 AM
Doubtful you'll find one 2nd hand one anywhere anytime soon and the best deal your going to get is probably about $1800. Then you have the terrible job of cutting out the Juwel filter in order to install a decent filter which you'll have to buy so figure another $500+ for a Eheim.
Pretty expensive tank ...for 450 liters.
You could get a custom drilled 6x2x2 with polished edges on a nice dark wood stand with lights and a filter all plumbed in for a lot less then you would spend on a Juwel.

Tracey73
Tue Mar 18, 2008, 06:05 AM
Thanks Taksan.. I can actually get a brand new one through work for cost price but thought to see if there are any 2nd hand ones out there. Any suggestions as to where I could get a 6x2 with polished edges and stand? Yes I have read that the filter supplied with the Juwel is average, my next search will be for the best filter! :wink:

Top_Bhoy
Tue Mar 18, 2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks Taksan.. I can actually get a brand new one through work for cost price but thought to see if there are any 2nd hand ones out there. Any suggestions as to where I could get a 6x2 with polished edges and stand? Yes I have read that the filter supplied with the Juwel is average, my next search will be for the best filter! :wink:

Eheim! Eheim! & Eheim! :lol:

Tracey73
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 01:08 AM
I take it you recommend Eheim! :lol:

taksan
Wed Mar 19, 2008, 02:24 AM

Ok CPV sells a 6x2x2 polished edge,black silicone tank under the Aquaworld brand for about $350 .... add a nice painted stand, lights and plumbing and a 2180 Ehiem with UV and your looking at $1800 all up for a awesome tank.