PDA

View Full Version : worm things in mouth

tanzy
Tue Mar 04, 2008, 10:02 AM
My turk that I have been treating with increadibly resistant flukes has now got a new symptom, on top of her very hard breathing and sometimes clamped gill.

Tonight I noticed two tiny white worm like things in her mouth. They are probably 1ml and hanging out of her mouth, she is breathing them in and out. They are not cottony or fugusy.

Does anyone know what they are? I have postponed another pp dip to give her a rest from meds or should I get her straight into a dip tommorow?

Thanks

Kell

scott bowler
Tue Mar 04, 2008, 10:19 AM
tanzy what have you been treating with ? for the fluke , i havent heard of this before , but could you get a pic of it ?

ILLUSN
Tue Mar 04, 2008, 11:52 AM
you sure its not worms? if the fish is skinny and there is no food left for them in the gut they can move out of the anus or mouth looking for food

tanzy
Wed Mar 05, 2008, 02:50 AM
I am so sorry, I feel like a real dodo head. The worm like things are gone this morning. I would make a very good guess and say that it was a dried blackworm stuck in her mouth. I am so sorry for wasting your time.

Scott - I have been treating her with prazi - two treatments and she has had one 10 minute potassium permanganate dip, she still has very bad gill flukes but no shimmering or scratching on plants just heavy breathing and the occasional clamped gill. I am going to give her and possibly all my discus one more dip, next week.

Thanks heaps

Kell

scott bowler
Wed Mar 05, 2008, 03:04 AM
it might be an idea to try some waterlife sterazin it use to work well with gill fluke , but it went off for a while they might have become resistant to it but give it a go, it might help you, now.

tanzy
Wed Mar 05, 2008, 03:10 AM
This is a photo of Delyla. You can see that she is chubby and healthy, but she is infested with gill fluke. She possibly has always had it, thats why her eye is a little bit too big for her body (stunted growth).

Kind regards

Kell