PDA

View Full Version : i'm making a fresh batch of b/h mix

Mattzilla
Wed Dec 08, 2004, 06:06 AM
i'm about to make a fresh batch of my b/h mix (details of which can be seen here http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7 )

if anyone is interested in me making extra i am more than happy to do so for no charge appart from the cost of the ingredients. i take a lot of pride in my b/h mix, in it's preperation and quality of ingredients. you would have to pick it up only and i don't want any time wasters...i don't want to be making a huge batch and not have it picked up, leaving me out of pocket.

anyway, this thread is just to get an idea of interest. if there is enough interest i'll make extra, if not then i'll just make enough for me.

cheers
matt

Davo
Wed Dec 08, 2004, 07:21 AM
Matt,

I would definitely be interested and am reliable.

Thanks,
Dave.

nag
Wed Dec 08, 2004, 05:29 PM
Hi Matt:

Wish you could send some loads to me... :(
:D
Bye,

DiscusMan
Thu Dec 09, 2004, 06:09 AM
I am interested in getting some.

What ingredients do you place in your mix and how to you normally pack it for freezing?

Wayne

D.J
Thu Dec 09, 2004, 08:30 AM
Yes please Matt, just tell me how much will it cost, when will it be ready and your address.
I'll be there this weekend if it's ready by then.

How much is the quantity? cause I am pretty sure my brother wants some to.

Will it be as much as a Discus dinner?

Please pm me your address.

Donald.

Mattzilla
Thu Dec 09, 2004, 09:09 AM
discusman...please click on the link in my first message for all the details of the mix you need.

DJ, i make it in sheets that cuts up into at least 100 cubes/servings.

i don't know how much discus dinner costs cause i have never used it....

i'm not sure how much it will cost becasue it depends on how much i am making.

once i get an idea of who wants some i'll make an estimation of cost per frozen sheet.

Mattzilla
Thu Dec 09, 2004, 10:55 AM
sorry discusman.... ijust realised that the link i gave does not show or explain how i pack it for freezing.

i'm sure i posted a string of pictures showinf step by step how i make my b/h mix but i can't find it.

anyone know where it is (ro????)?

i'll keep looking because a picture tells a thousand words and there are plenty of pictures to show exactly what ingredients i use and how i prepare and store the food.

weird
Thu Dec 09, 2004, 12:29 PM
Discus Dinner is approx $6.00 for 35 (7x5) decent size cubes ... I love discus dinner , because I tried making my own beef heart and I sucked at it ... I think discus dinner is for those like me but don't have "angels" like Mattzilla offering when your in the market ... wrong time for me I have a packed fridge of discus dinner ... I bought up on blood worms and brine shrimp from Trans aquarium and then went to SLS and matched quantity with discus dinner (same price at trans aquarium) but if I did not and if I sucked like I do at making beef heart ... I would beg and plead Mattzilla to make extra for me !!

Mattzilla
Thu Dec 09, 2004, 02:10 PM
i make it every couple of months so i'll let you know next time then ;)

D.J
Fri Dec 10, 2004, 08:03 AM
Thanks Matt, let me know when it's ready and I'll come over to pick it up, and maybe I can get a sneak preview of your beatifull discus.

Donald.

ctvu
Fri Dec 10, 2004, 01:03 PM
That is a good idea I guess Matt, I'd love too, but I am in Melbourne just a bit bummer.

D.J
Thu Jan 13, 2005, 09:34 AM
Any news on those beef heart mix Mat?

Donald.

DiscusMan
Thu Jan 13, 2005, 11:49 AM
Mate i have been pestering thsi damn slow food makign man now since he posted this.

In all seriousness He has told me that he is very busy at this time adn will get around to it when things are a bit quiter.

Still doesnt make it nto a slacker. Hey maybe i am the slacker for not makign my own.

Hey Post up your recipe and ill make it myself. :D

Wayne

Mattzilla
Thu Jan 13, 2005, 02:56 PM
my appologies to everyone....i got a promotion at around the time i frost posted this thread. i didn't realise how much extra work i would be doing.

work is still crazy at the moment but is slowly calming down. as soon as i can i will make the food and let you all know. if i know i will have the time in advance i'll et you all know and if anyone wants to come over and see how i make it they can.

once again i'm sorry it's taking forever..... i'll keep you posted