PDA

View Full Version : PP dip

tanzy
Sat Mar 01, 2008, 10:03 PM
I would just like to know if it is normal for the edges of the fishes fins to burn slightly after a PP dip. This happened after I gave my fish a PP bath and it took a week to heal. She still has gill fluke so I would like to give it another try but for a bit longer, but if the fin burning is a bad thing I will not put her through it again. She has had a full treatment of prazi and it also has failed.

Thanks

Kell

the german
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 01:12 AM
you cant get 100% rid of the gill flukes.
there are a few breeder in germany who breed parasite free fish but they also charge for that.

to the PP and the fins,i never uesed it so i cant help you with that but most time its caused by ph difference

tanzy
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 01:25 AM
The ph in the bucket of water containing pp and the heated bucket containing salt was exactly the same as I used the water from my tank that I netted her out off.

Can a fish live OK with gill flukes? She is a chubby and happy fish apart from the fluke problem. She breaths very hard and fast and occasionally holds in one gill.

Thanks

Kell

ILLUSN
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 01:45 AM
give her another weeks rest and repeat the pp bath, what conc did you use, i usually use 10mg, but there has only ever been the slightest burn after 6-10 min, it was all recovered within days.

tanzy
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 02:08 AM
Yes I used the 10mg conc, for 10 minutes, then into a heated bucket to recover which contained a small amount of sea salt.

Have you had many incidences were the pp dip has not got rid of the flukes? I was starting to think that she must have some kind of permanent damage from the fluke.

Thanks

Kell

ILLUSN
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 05:28 AM
it wont kill deep tissue flukes, but there shouldn't be many of those, it will kill all flukes on the body surface and on the outer gill fillaments.

yous fish should have stopped scratching and its breathing will ease radipdily as the damaged gill tissue is repaired.

it might need another treatment in 2 weeks to 1 months time, but with excellent water quality and a good diet the immune system should be able to finish off and deep tissue flukes deep in the gills.