PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Agassazi specific affliciton

mesia
Sat Mar 01, 2008, 09:19 PM
Hey guys, Ive been trying to keep agassazis for a while now, but they all seem to die from the same thing. That is, after a little while in the tank (anywhere from a week to three months) they develop gross pussy pores that push up from underneath the scales and keep growing till they burst. The area from which they emerge is effectively ruined with no new scales or fin membrane regrowing in that area. They almost look like tumors. I keep the water conditions optimal for these little guys and do regular water changes, so what could it possibly be ? And it only seems to affect agassazis, my nisjenni and cockatoos are unaffected. :cry:

*Chris*
Sat Mar 01, 2008, 10:20 PM
i suggest maybe hitting the tank witha broad spectrum antbiotic as there is a pathogen at play here .. all i can suggest is maybe the other fish are either carriers or are immune to this specific bacteria . metronidozole or even some waterlife octozin should do the trick

gingerbeer01
Sat Mar 01, 2008, 10:26 PM
Do I gather that this is different fish purchased at different times. IF so are you leaning the tank inbetween - and how?

Can we have the full time history.

Sounds like a bummer - I know how you feel.

Th0mas
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 12:02 AM
A full history would help (are the aggie from the same LFS, the same time, etc).

Also water parameters.

fishgeek
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 09:16 AM
edwardsiella, nocardia, mycobacteria

all bacterial infectins not neccesarily cureable

sterilse the tank and find a new shop to buy your fish from

amazon dee
Sat Apr 05, 2008, 07:17 AM
Hi,
I might be replying a little late but just joined and noticed your post.

I have had a similar disease that took my caccatoide.
I just treated the tank with Wardleys fungus at the time and it didnt return.

Recently I purchased some sick fish and they nearly wiped out my whole tank, I tried everything the shop advised, water changes, levels etc. and finally asked another shop and was given a completely different treatment called Preifix.
The information on the botle didnt really make me feel confident at first but had to try something as I was losing a fish every day. Within 2 days of treatment the disease slowed. Within 4 days no more troubles. The treatment is recommended for 7 days.
I now keep a botle on standby and whilst surfing the internet worldwide have found others who swear by its use without really knowing why.

I hope this helps if you are still having problems or do again in the future.
Dee

amazon dee
Sat Apr 05, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hi,

Recently I purchased some sick fish and they nearly wiped out my whole tank, I tried everything the shop advised, water changes, levels etc. and finally asked another shop and was given a completely different treatment called Premifix.
The information on the botle didnt really make me feel confident at first but had to try something as I was losing a fish every day. Within 2 days of treatment the disease slowed. Within 4 days no more troubles. The treatment is recommended for 7 days.
I now keep a botle on standby and whilst surfing the internet worldwide have found others who swear by its use without really knowing why.

Dee

amazon dee
Sat Apr 05, 2008, 07:19 AM
Hi,

Recently I purchased some sick fish and they nearly wiped out my whole tank, I tried everything the shop advised, water changes, levels etc. and finally asked another shop and was given a completely different treatment called Premifix.

Deereplied twice as I spelt the treatment name wrong.
Dee