PDA

View Full Version : Best wormer ??

sharkies
Fri Feb 29, 2008, 07:17 AM
Gday, I have a small red scriblett that has gone very dark in color, after reading a few posts I am thinking maybe it needs worming.

What is the best wormer and how is it given ?

Tank mates ghost knife
rummy nose
neons
albino bristle nose

Regards Gary

DiscusEden
Fri Feb 29, 2008, 11:33 AM
Hi Gary,

I have no idea what a red scriblett is - love to see a pic though. If it's a discus, it might be dark because it's a schooling fish & might be getting stressed by itself.

Worming though is supposed to be a good thing. The consensus seems to be to use "Big L Pig & Poultry wormer" (Lavimisole, available from stock & feed stores), then later Praziquantril (from lfs, cheaper buying online from sponsers). There are stickys in the illness section of the forum with dosage rates & detailed info on uses, etc.

HTH

the german
Fri Feb 29, 2008, 12:24 PM
i got a pair of RShere are like RT only dif. is the turquise lines are scribbelt :D

sharkies
Sat Mar 01, 2008, 06:30 AM
The red scriblett is only small and not showing any color yet, as for him being lonely, he is in with 10 other discus some the same size some bigger. the tank mates I mentioned where as well as the discus.

Got them from darren at A1 aquarium there is a photo of the parents on about the 3rd page of the photo album under red scribbletts

Regards Gary

the german
Sat Mar 01, 2008, 09:12 AM
i got a pair of RS from him :D