PDA

View Full Version : WTB RTG AROWANA

Ness
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 06:55 AM
IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I COULD FIND 1. PLEASE SHOOT ME A PM.

flowerhorn888
Thu Feb 28, 2008, 06:13 AM
If you havn't heard asian arowana is illegal in Australia and if your willing to pay around 3000-4000$ for one then there are people out there will arowana that has been smuggled and btw noone is gona publicly announce they have an illegal endangered fish in their house so it will be kinda hard.

Ness
Thu Feb 28, 2008, 11:17 AM
yes we all know that they are illegal. so are piranas but you can still get
them everywhere. where there is demand, there is supply.

Phenomena
Fri Feb 29, 2008, 02:46 AM
piranhas everywhere? Where?

Ness
Sun Mar 02, 2008, 11:58 PM
you can get anything if you ask around.

the german
Mon Mar 03, 2008, 02:42 AM
what else you need? drugs?guns?.............
you can get anything but only as long you dont get caught and when you ask in public it wont be long till the authorities knock on your door

Phenomena
Mon Mar 03, 2008, 11:11 PM
you can get anything if you ask around.

Really? I haven't heard anyone has a piranha in Australia, let alone "everywhere". Maybe I'm not as informed as you are. :shock:

Ness
Mon Mar 03, 2008, 11:41 PM
you dont want a pirana anyway, very ugly fish.

you can get anything but only as long you dont get caught and when you ask in public it wont be long till the authorities knock on your door

if it aint your business, why bother replying.

Ness
Mon Mar 03, 2008, 11:42 PM
you dont want a pirana anyway, very ugly fish.

if it aint your business, why bother replying.

elixer
Tue Mar 04, 2008, 12:20 AM
LOL ...

DiscusEden
Tue Mar 04, 2008, 12:41 AM
[/quote]

if it aint your business, why bother replying.[/quote]

Because it's remarks like that that create a market.

I've now been approached on another forum by someone actively looking for pirana, now that people have been told they are "everywhere". If they're not around now - and no-one else seems to be under the impression that they are - they will be if people keep asking for them.

So, as people that are interested in responsible fish keeping, comments like that, particularly on a public forum, are our business.

ozarowana
Tue Mar 04, 2008, 02:32 AM
Arowana are not illegal to keep, only to import. Piranha on the other hand are noxious in some states.

Ness
Tue Mar 04, 2008, 11:03 AM
Piranha on the other hand are noxious in some states.

too true....