PDA

View Full Version : Twin outlet air pump

benkk
Tue Feb 26, 2008, 01:08 PM
hi i am looking to buy a twin outlet air pump at the moment.

anyone have any suggestion about which brand is the quietest air pump ?
coz i had bad experience in buying so called "super silent" air pump and turned out to be bloody loud.

please, if anyone know any good brand that really made nice and quiet pump please inform me. i appreciate it.

Thanks

Matt15
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 04:19 AM
I find the Aquaone series fine. They can be loud like any air pump but i find its where you house them and against certain surfaces which helps to keep them quiet. Also the bigger the unit the less vibration.
Keeping them on a small cloth or even on some filter wool helps to keep them nice and quiet.

samir
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 07:19 AM
eheim is the quietest,

benkk
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 10:08 AM
ok.... i just find eheim is a bit expensive. anyone use resun before ??

DiscusEden
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 12:34 PM
I haven't tried Resun. But having had the cheaper brands before, I'd never buy anything but Eheim now.

I think for the length of life you get out of it & the difference in quality (noise), it's worth saving for it if you can.

The sponsers sometimes have them on special, but usually for much less than you'd pay in a lfs.

benkk
Wed Feb 27, 2008, 09:47 PM
ok...

thanks for the good advice. i might go ahead with Eheim this time lol

AHC
Fri Mar 07, 2008, 02:50 AM
How did you go with the air pump matie?

Its probably too late but i have the eheim 400 and i sware by it. Ive only had aqua one before that and didnt rate it - too noisey. The money is deffinately worth it. Im getting my second pump now and will be looking for the 400 or the 200.