PDA

View Full Version : getting young discus to grow..

dandaman352
Sun Feb 24, 2008, 10:55 PM
I have a bunch of young 2-3 inch discus's. They only really eat bloodworms and sometimes mysis shrimp if they are hungry. They wont touch beefheart or pellets. I was wondering how I can get them to grow. IF there are any tips and tricks for this I'd appreciate the knowledge. Thanks

Mr Discus
Sun Feb 24, 2008, 11:17 PM
Lots of water changes and high protein foods.

ILLUSN
Mon Feb 25, 2008, 12:02 AM
you need to get their nutrition right, hold off feeding for 24hrs and then try a diffrent food (like beefheart), feed that exclusivly for 2 weeks then re introduce the blood wors and another food (a good quality flake like breeders blend or granual like color bits or pellet like NLS).

asside from that excellent water quality and as many small feeds a day as you can, feed them as often as possible as much as they'll eat in 30 sec or so, remove the uneaten food and they grow up nice and big quick.

dandaman352
Mon Feb 25, 2008, 03:59 AM
Thanks, so basically starve them for a day and try the beefheart again? I thought they were the type of fish that would starve before they would eat something they didnt want. But thanks. I don't really like the SF bay beefheart, know any better frozen food beefheart (cant really make my own)