PDA

View Full Version : Leaking UV

DiscusEden
Mon Feb 18, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hoping for some help here...

I went to drop in a couple of algae wafers last night & found water in the aquarium cabinets. After a little exploration it became clear that the tank had not cracked, the UV steriliser is leaking.

I stuck it in the bucket. It's leaked about 30 litres since 12am last night, and seems to be getting worse/ faster.

I thought it was coming from the screw in nut things (technical talk), but now that I've tightened that up, it seems to be coming from a crack in the casing between the white & top blue section.

If I get some sealing tape tomorrow, would that do the job, or should I be doing something else? Please don't tell me to panic, swear or whinge, because I've already done those & they don't seem to be helping.

TIA,

DiscusEden

Matt15
Tue Feb 19, 2008, 06:59 AM
Sorry mate I can only tell you to panic, swear and whinge. All the best with fixing the problem and hope you get it sorted out sooner than later.

DiscusEden
Tue Feb 19, 2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks Matt. I might be totally incompetent with the rest, but am becoming an expert in those 3. If it was a job I'd be ready for a raise.

I've had some support from the place where I bought it, and have a couple of ideas to try.

Appreciate the words of support.