PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING Set up for sale

Siklidkid
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 09:58 AM
Only had this tank up and running for 3 months then decided ill sell all my tanks to set-up a giant marine

Tank is 5ft long x 3ft wide x 2ft high (750 litres)
- immaculate condition no scratches
- built by lams aquarium, the guy has like 20-30yrs tank building experience.

Cabinet and Hood
- Very classy Marble stone cabinet
- cabinet alone is 120cm high so you have eye level display
- Very high quality build and structural integrity.

Photos dont do justice here the design doesnt show very well because the marble is dark.

[/img]

Siklidkid
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 10:05 AM

Siklidkid
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 10:07 AM

Siklidkid
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 10:13 AM
$2,000 make an offer (cant imagine what an aquarium store would charge for this)

can organise delivery

David 9836 3778

Bubbles
Sun Feb 17, 2008, 02:25 AM
What a beautiful tank Siklidkid - good luck with the sale, looks expensive.

ivo
Sun Feb 17, 2008, 03:17 AM
Extremely impressive tank and cabinet. I saw these type of marble stone cabinet in HK last year. How heavy is the cabinet along? how many people needed to carry it?

gav
Mon Feb 18, 2008, 01:09 AM
just wondering what size glass the tank is made of. i am also interested in the weight of both the stand and the hood.

is it only the stand and hood included, or is there other extras?

lastly, what is the structural part of the stand made of? how is the marble attached to the structural part?

thanks

Siklidkid
Mon Feb 18, 2008, 05:02 AM
tank is 12mm thickness.

weight of cabinet and hood? really dont know how heavy it is. but 2 very strong ppl might be able to carry the cabinet, better of with 4 guys though.
You will need atleast 4 guys to get the tank onto the cabinet because the cabinets height.

Well i could throw in few heaters heaters. you get the coral sand.

Special adhesive that a the owner of a kitchen manufacturer firm suggested

structural components put very simply:
structural pine 90mmx45mm and 90mmx90mm
rebate, housing reinforced with dowels joints

Structurally overkill, this cabinet should easily support 2-3 times what its carrying now.

Siklidkid
Sat Feb 23, 2008, 03:48 AM
NOW ON AUCTION!!!

Bidding starts at: $1,200 (reserved minimum)

Bidding Increments: $50 raise (minimum)

Auction Ends: 12am (midnight) 22nd March 2008

Delivery: $200, 3 stair max. OR organise own delivery/courier at no extra charge. Note that i make nothing out of delivery, i am paying 4 guys for their time.

You are more than welcome and encouraged to view the tank in person prior to bidding, however this is entirely up to you.

ATTENTION!! do not send your bid to me by pm. post your bid here as a reply.

Stenno4
Sat Feb 23, 2008, 06:27 AM
Anyone thinking of getting this tank will not be dissapointed.

Saw it in person today when picking up some driftwood, it's very impressive and something you won't see for sale very often. Only wish I had the spare space and $ to get it myself.

Good luck with the sale David.

Scott.

Siklidkid
Sat Mar 08, 2008, 01:53 AM
just bumping this....

NOTE: it is a 5foot long x 3ft!!! wide x 2ft high, excellent tank especially for bigger fish, and high stocking capacities of smaller fish.

Siklidkid
Sun Mar 23, 2008, 12:01 AM
well obviously the auction was a bad idea. everyone is just waiting for someone else to make the first move.

$1500 (delivered)
$1300 (no delivery)

discusluver
Sun Mar 23, 2008, 02:52 AM
hi just a quicky, would i be correct in assuming that the 200 for delivery is only for local not interstate like melbourne for example.

ivo
Sun Mar 23, 2008, 06:39 AM
hi mate, i absolutely love your tank and cabinet. $1,500 is not an issue. i think for me is how heavy it is. you said it takes 4 men to carry where do you find these 4 men? are they yr mates or they are professional that do heavy delivery all the time? i so want to own it but very concern when i move house in a few months time where the hxll am i going to find people willing to move such big tank? i doubt none of my friends are those whom will lift a finger to carry heavy stuff.

is it fair to say the cabinet is made of strong food and it is sealed by marble stone outside? since total height is so tall do you need to remove the top to pour water in? i guess the top would be pretty heavy too? thanks.

Top_Bhoy
Sun Mar 23, 2008, 11:52 AM
I'd say from experience of moving a 5x2x2 tank in 10mm glass, this is a 4 man lift for sure - better still, have a flat trolley to sit it on and move.

Sure is a lovely set-up and a real bargain for someone with the necessary room. Its got that wow factor which is rarely seen. Late last year I was quoted about $1500 total for a standard 4x2x2 tank and stand in 10mm.

In my opinion, this set-up would be at least double the $1500 asking price (probably a lot more) from a shop due to the 12 mm glass - tank prices rise very steeply every time the glass thickness increases.

Good luck with the sale - pity I have neither the room for it and you're too far away.

Siklidkid
Mon Mar 24, 2008, 01:34 AM
hi mate, i absolutely love your tank and cabinet. $1,500 is not an issue. i think for me is how heavy it is. you said it takes 4 men to carry where do you find these 4 men? are they yr mates or they are professional that do heavy delivery all the time? i so want to own it but very concern when i move house in a few months time where the hxll am i going to find people willing to move such big tank? i doubt none of my friends are those whom will lift a finger to carry heavy stuff.

is it fair to say the cabinet is made of strong food and it is sealed by marble stone outside? since total height is so tall do you need to remove the top to pour water in? i guess the top would be pretty heavy too? thanks.

They are my dads work mates, these guys are strong, they are the ones that helped me get it into my place.

Or you could save yourself the cash and get couriers. i remember that we had our snooker table moved for $200 (1hr trip) and that thing was bloody heavy. Plus the couriers have insurance so it is guaranteed

The hood is crown style (aka open top), but you cant tell since you cant see the top. the crown allows for easy water changes, ventilation, use of range of lighting (metal halide which must be suspended), ease of access for feeding etc.

Siklidkid
Mon Mar 24, 2008, 01:55 AM
I'd say from experience of moving a 5x2x2 tank in 10mm glass, this is a 4 man lift for sure - better still, have a flat trolley to sit it on and move.

Sure is a lovely set-up and a real bargain for someone with the necessary room. Its got that wow factor which is rarely seen. Late last year I was quoted about $1500 total for a standard 4x2x2 tank and stand in 10mm.

In my opinion, this set-up would be at least double the $1500 asking price (probably a lot more) from a shop due to the 12 mm glass - tank prices rise very steeply every time the glass thickness increases.

Good luck with the sale - pity I have neither the room for it and you're too far away.

These guys will easily do 5x2x2 with only two guys.
Also take into account that the stand from the aquarim store is standard height which is easy to build and you have to bend down each time to see into the tank.

Most of the value is in the cabinet due to the endless labour involved, just getting the design down is where countless hours were spent, how will it fit together, will it hold the weight, will it look normal, what material, how do we attach this material, how wide to make the skirting columns, door frame so it looks proportionate i can go on forever here and we havent even picked up a tool to build anything yet.

Most cabinets are mass produced nowdays (and to no surprise also made overseas).

Siklidkid
Mon Mar 24, 2008, 02:30 AM
hi just a quicky, would i be correct in assuming that the 200 for delivery is only for local not interstate like melbourne for example.

Hi
Within an hours drive or so.

AHC
Tue Apr 01, 2008, 04:58 AM
Hi, has this tank been sold yet?

Siklidkid
Thu Apr 03, 2008, 07:43 AM
Hi, has this tank been sold yet?

this is still available.

AHC
Thu Apr 03, 2008, 09:14 PM
far out. Cant beleive its not gone yet. PM sent.

hrvy86
Sat Nov 29, 2008, 02:29 AM
has this been sold yet Siklidkid?

Siklidkid
Sun Nov 30, 2008, 09:42 AM
Dont know where you dug this out from. I sorta gave up on selling it since most interested parties needed to get it through a single door, yes the tank will fit through a single door (flipped on its side) but the cabinet definitely wont unless the opening is atleast 95-100cm. If you dont have double door at front can possibly take it through the back if the sliding doors allow a large enough opening

I recently had the idea to set it up again (man i cant believe i lasted like 6 months without a tank setup, this hobby is addictive people! who knew you could experience withdrawl symptoms by not having a tank).

So didnt expect this to come up, just thought id do my regular browse to see if there is any cool stuff for sale.
Just called seven seas couple days back to get a quote on saltwater delivery, havent followed through on it yet.

So i guess i could still sell it if someone is interested and the price is right, still in excellent condition and hasnt been used since.

If it sells i will probably get the 5ftx5ftx2ft or 6ftx6ftx2ft ive been dreaming of, you read it right (5ft long by 5ft wide) or (6ft long by 6ft wide) yes it will be salt and yes it will have heaps of tangs, large angels, a lionfish etc. Will make a journal of it on this forum for sure.

So if anyone is interested be sure to let me know, i can throw in a 4ft tank which is in great condition for you to use as a minireef or quarantine/spare. Currently the tank is not set up for minireef but it can easily be converted, Im sure Mr Lam will help us out here since i buy tons of stuff from him and he wouldnt mind drilling a hole or two.

Siklidkid
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 04:00 AM
since this was dug up from god knows where and people are still interested in it i am allowing 2 weeks and if it doesnt sell i am going to set it up straight away so dont bother asking after then.

ill give until Monday, 15th Dec.

Price $1300 delivered ono

David 9836 3778 or 0422 017 835

Siklidkid
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 09:27 AM
forgot to mention it is a much better price if you pick it up

bartek
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 09:42 PM
Thats a great looking tank...

Im pretty sure I would be able to get this into my new place through the back door.

Saying this Im not moving till the 17th and would not be able to make sure of door sizes till the weekend before so if its still available Ill let you know.

Would you consider selling only the cabinet?

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 10:24 PM
So i guess you will need my help then Bart if you are going to get this monster. ;)

Ado

bartek
Tue Dec 02, 2008, 10:47 PM
You and a small army it seems!

Then a small fortune to buy the substrate!

Siklidkid
Wed Dec 03, 2008, 02:07 AM
I can get people to help, we will need to gather 4 people total (6 is better though).
If anyone on here knows of someone with those round glass suction things that wont mind lending them, will pay you to borrow it, will pick them up and return when finished. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Siklidkid
Wed Dec 03, 2008, 02:38 AM
btw, this isnt sold yet.