PDA

View Full Version : Pos Aqua Spirulina Fed Brine Shrimp vs Premium Brine Shrimp

KrisR
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 02:35 AM
Hi guys,
I'm off to buy the ingredients for your beefheart recipe today but up until this point I've been feeding a combination of different Pos Aqua brand frozen brine shrimps, frozen bloodworms, king neptune discus diet and premium flakes and crumbles...

Does anyone know the difference between the premium brine, plain brine and spirulina brine? They are all from the same company and definitely different colours - the premium brine is quite red whilst the plain is just brown and the spirulina one is brown and green... Obviously spirulina fed is just that, but what is it that makes the premium ones premium???

ILLUSN
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 03:14 AM
premium is proablly loaded with vitamins etc, if its bright red its proably anthaxin or similar red algae.

it could just be fresher (snap frozen etc), once deoxygenated brineshrimp appear orange red.

taksan
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 04:34 AM
spirilina brine is the best

boost.puppy
Sat Feb 16, 2008, 10:03 AM
Spirilina is great.. but I have trouble getting my tropical fish to eat it...

we usually feed our marine fish Spirilina Brine to enhance colouration or if there's illness in one of the tanks (but if we can find it we grab it because out my way it's pretty rare!!)

dandaman352
Sun Mar 09, 2008, 09:39 AM
Whats the difference between Spiriline & Brine shrimp (hikari frozen food puts them together) vs Mysis Shrimp?

My discus love the spirulina and brine shrimp but don't touch the mysis shrimp.

KrisR
Sat Apr 05, 2008, 02:47 PM
From what I've been told by my supplier Mysis shrimp are for feeding saltwater fish whilst brine are prefered by freshwater fish.