PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from florida???

JoeDiscus85
Wed Feb 13, 2008, 11:28 AM
Hey all, Im looking to find a new lfs im tired of getting sick fish, Is there anyone from the central florida area who knows a really good fish shop??? Any help would be greatly appreciated

anflyer
Thu Feb 14, 2008, 08:08 PM
I live in the south Florida area and I've gotten most of my Discus from

http://www.wattleydiscus.com/

Talk to Gabe he is very knowledgeable and has always led me in the right way.

Discus are High Quality and shipping should not be too much to Central Florida.

adrian

happygirl65
Thu Feb 14, 2008, 08:49 PM
Here is another guy in florida.... his name is Dan and he is a great guy! He is a hobbyist who breeds discus on the side.

you can check out his site www.eliteaquaria.com

The Rockster
Mon Nov 17, 2008, 06:05 PM
Have you tryed Big Al's in Tamarac, yet?
They just started selling Wattley discus, and live blood worms. Edwardo, who runs most of the fish sales, and plantedtanks, is a friend of Gabe's (Wattley's). I am a friend of both.

I buy most ALL supplies online (Big Al's Online). I get discus from ONLY Gabe (Bloodworms, too).

Beverly's Pets has a good supply of fish equipment. They are located on University & Pines Blvd in Pembroke Pines.

Regards,
The Rockster

Boyam
Mon Nov 17, 2008, 06:57 PM
I live in Broward and too shop at Big Als. I did notice they were selling Wattley discus; but, they were priced over about 150%+ compared to just going to Wattley's and picking some up. I didnt know they were selling live blood worms though, although tempting, i am afraid of parasites the only stuff my fish get is the frozen "parasite free" worms from Hikari i believe.

I myself have bought three out of my four discus from Wattley, they are wonderful! setting up a much larger tank now so no doubt i will see him soon!

The Rockster
Mon Nov 17, 2008, 08:39 PM
I don't get to either retailer very often. The prices on the net are about 40 % cheaper.
I have been getting my bloodworms from Gabe for a couple of years, and have never had a problem. He feeds his discus the same worms. Edwardo is selling the same worms (from California). He was using Wattley Discus as "status" fish for awhile. I think he came down on his prices. I believe he is desperate for sales. Gabe and I discussed this.

Poor Gabe is going thru a nasty divorce, my thoughts are with him.

Regards,
The Rockster