PDA

View Full Version : tank mates

Mattzilla
Fri Dec 03, 2004, 04:28 AM
i have put a male betta in with my discus....so far they have been fine together... in fact they have pretty much ignored eachother.

my question is will they continue to be good tank mates?

sunshinediscus
Fri Dec 03, 2004, 07:35 AM
Hey Matt, Your fighter shouldn't cause any probs, you might see the fighter flare every now and again at the discus but the discus will pretty much ignore him.

Mattzilla
Fri Dec 03, 2004, 04:51 PM
thanks rod

luvmydiscus
Sat Dec 04, 2004, 02:14 AM
I have a male and female betta with my discus. They are all fine and don't bother each other at all. In fact, the male does not bother the female at all which is odd, but hey I will take it. They swim together all the time, only at feeding time terretories become an issue.

:D

luvmydiscus
Sat Dec 04, 2004, 02:14 AM
I have a male and female betta with my discus. They are all fine and don't bother each other at all. In fact, the male does not bother the female at all which is odd, but hey I will take it. They swim together all the time, only at feeding time terretories become an issue.

:D

nag
Sat Dec 04, 2004, 05:01 PM
Hello All:

Does this mean to say, Betta as a Tank with with Disucs is 'no problems'?
Can Betta do well with temp. at 30dC?

Thanks,

luvmydiscus
Sat Dec 04, 2004, 07:02 PM
Hi, I really don't know how you all do it. 30 degress C is 86 F and that is cooking. I brought my tank up to 84 F and found that my discus was panting. I keep my tank between 81-82 F and have found that the discus much prefer this temp.

If you are keeping your tank at the 86F then no I would not add a betta in there. This is a pretty high temp and I know alot of you keep your discus at this but I found that my discus were stressed at this temp.

:)