PDA

View Full Version : levamisole treatment

gypsy3
Sun Feb 03, 2008, 09:32 AM
g'day all. treated my fish in the community tank for worms with levamisole -2 treatments 7 days apart.There are still some with long white stringy faeces. My little blue turk had one about 4 inches long coming out of him. Do i give them another treatment? Or would it be something else. last treatment was 5 days ago

JoeDiscus85
Sun Feb 03, 2008, 12:26 PM
if there are still white stringy poo somthings wrong. Can you get your hands on metro??

gypsy3
Sun Feb 03, 2008, 01:21 PM
yeah, i've got metro, just wasn't sure whether or not to treat with it or try another treatment of the levamisole.he was treated with metro etc about 3 months ago when i got him

ILLUSN
Mon Feb 04, 2008, 11:46 AM
you'll need to give another treatment on week 4, are there any live worms comming out in the stools?

gypsy3
Mon Feb 04, 2008, 01:01 PM
g'day illusn...no live worms that i can see, not that the ole eyes are too good these days, just long stringy white cotton like faeces,Just noticed tonite that one of my adult b/diamond let out an enormous white one too.He's been looking a little off colour too the past few days and has gone off his food.The whole tank was treated with levamisole 7 days apart ( 100ml for 700l tank). Last treatment was 6 days ago.Would dead worms still be coming out after 5-6 days, or do you reckon it's something else

ILLUSN
Mon Feb 04, 2008, 10:56 PM
Must be something else, the worms should be dead in hours, try an epson salt bath, to what comes out of that sick fish.

AHC
Mon Feb 04, 2008, 11:51 PM
HI

Another option could be to mix 400mg of Prazi to 100g of food. Feed that once a day for 7 days. My fish had the same thing a week ago and ILLUSN helped out with that one and my fish are coming back really well. (Forgot to let you know mate - coming on great). I had made beefheart mixture but they were a bit funny about it at first so i mixed the prazi in with some tetra bits which they are cool with, then added a bit of water and geletine (might not of needed the gelatine?) ONce frozen i snapped some off and they were eating it fine. Havent seen the white worms since day 2.

gypsy3
Tue Feb 05, 2008, 12:35 AM
g'day aaron - the only problem with that is he won't eat.Think i'll just q/t him again and put him thru the treatment.

AHC
Tue Feb 05, 2008, 01:12 AM
Oh bugger :banghead Good luck with it.