PDA

View Full Version : pair not feeding

boydie
Sun Feb 03, 2008, 12:21 AM
hey all
i moved a pair of fish into a breeding tank from a community tank about a fortnight ago.they were the best feeders in the tank.
since i moved them they have gone right off there food. i can only get them to eat bloodworms,they wont accept any other food i offer them.
ph is good and im doing 30 to50% wc 3 times a week.
they look ok and are interested in each other and there spawning cone.
has anyone got any ideas on getting my fish to accept a wider range of food types.
cheers boydie

Gone Fishing
Sun Feb 03, 2008, 11:50 AM
Yeh I just found out today from wayne at Extreme Aquariums that while raising the young in the breeding tank they are not to be fed(maybe that you shouldn't or they don't need it or they won't have it anyway), but only stop feeding them when, the eggs that are layed, hatch and they are feeding their young their slime, but I don't know about the fact that; their in the breeding tank and spawning, but won't feed.

ILLUSN
Mon Feb 04, 2008, 11:45 AM
hold off all feeding for 24hrs then offer small ammounts of food regulary, dont offer blood worms, discus can get hooked on a certain food and refuse all else, try some live food to break the habit, live brineshrimp always works well for me.