PDA

View Full Version : info overload and little bit confused about sick discus

AHC
Thu Jan 31, 2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading quite a lot and have information overload to the point of confusion. I know my head will be clearer if i wasnt thinking so much about the best course of action to help my discus. Also, am running on 4 hours sleep as i made my 1st BH mixture last night that took me up to 12.30 last night (bh, liver, salmon, prawns, spinach, carrots, peas, paprika, tetra bits, garlic, vitamins, Vit C and Spirulina powder - forgot to add the scallops. Maybe this mix is too complex).

I have noticed the usual sign of my fish not eating that much and not being the confident types they were. I then noticed the stringy white feaces from my two Marlboros. One of them had 2-3 coming out which freaked me out as that seemed like it was infested. I treated with Prazi yesterday morning (and when i got home realised i forgot to turn off the UV light :cry: ) i didnt know what to do and didnt want to overdose so left it as is. Im confused about what to do from here. Do i buy and treat with Levimasole first then go to the Metro? do i re-treat with Prazi? or should i go straight to Metro? Also i only have cardinal and discus. I heard Levimasole will kill the cardinals? i can put these in another tank if so. Do i run each treatment seperately starting with the Prazi or can i dose all at once (prob too extreme!). I read that jungle had a product which combined Levimasole and Metro. Do you rate this? Really Really sorry to ask but have been reading since 7.45 this morning and just need a professional to say what i need. I clean and do 30% - 40% water changes 2 times a week and have just recently changed to Hyrdocloric acid and boiled indian almond leaves to use the oil in the tanks. Not sure if this has influenced anything. :|

ILLUSN
Thu Jan 31, 2008, 12:12 AM
wow, first thing first is to calm down and get some get rest, your no good 2 your fish if your head isn't strait.

if you've made beefheart mix the first thing i'd do is mix in 400mg of prazi to 100g of beefheart mix and feed the discus that once a day for a week, that way you can leave your uv running.

next give your tank a 30% water change and just watch for a week, if the stools return to normal your done, if not treat with levimenisole. follow the instructions in the stick post, its never hurt my cardinals.

you dont need metro unless the stools are fluffy/jelly like white, long and stringy is usually worms IMO.

AHC
Thu Jan 31, 2008, 12:23 AM
Always great, fast help here. Will do exactly that and im sure they will come good. Thanks a million. And yes, tonight is an early night for me. I hope they like the recipe. The kitchen was a nightmare last night :laff4