PDA

View Full Version : Male eating Eggs

honamdhhpvn
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Guys,

I need help ASAP, my discus just breed in the community tank. Every time the female lay the egg, the male will eat it straight away. What should I do..

Regards

scott bowler
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:04 AM
honamdhhpvn hi i would split them up for a week or so then put them in there own tank if you can ,to let them try again. how old are the fish do you know? it may not be a male ,

honamdhhpvn
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks Scott,

I'm not sure how old is the fish, but it around 10 -12 cm and I have it almost 1 year now. By the way, is there away to tell between male and female. I can only tell it a female when it lay egg. lol

Regards

scott bowler
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:17 AM
the only real way is to see them spawn , the female wil lay and the male will follow her .

honamdhhpvn
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:21 AM
ok, with my ones. They stay close too each other. Sometime the male seem to pick on the female. and they keep on going around each other. It this a pair or not?

Thanks Scott

scott bowler
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:27 AM
yeah well it sounds like a pair , good luck with it hope it works out

honamdhhpvn
Mon Jan 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks, this is the first time ever so hopefully I can get some or learn something out of this. I have to move all the baby B/N, 2 pair of angel and Cory out now. My 4ft and 2ft is been reseal so cant used it for 2/3 days now. Got a pair of angle is well. The female is start to show the tube. Will post some pic tomorrow to see.

Thanks Scott