PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed

Barry N
Mon Jan 21, 2008, 07:06 AM
Background: Have had 5 small (4-5cm) Pigeon Bloods in one of my smaller tanks for 2 weeks. 1 (the runt!) is not looking great - has been OK, just noticed it's looking thin......

This is a grow out tank for baby sword plants and baby catfish, the other 4 are quite dominant over him and he's missing out on food and being bullied from what I see.

Colour is OK (though his peppering is very dark as he's not a happy camper), no visible signs, feaces is normal - Just very thin. He was wormed with the others a week ago.

Tank is AquaOne AR980 plus additional internal filter, 0 Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, 30 degrees. 50% water changes every second day with plenty of Prime.

Question: Have cleared out (yesterday) a 30X15x12 tank that had a breeding pair of firemouths in it. Mature internal eheim filter(been running 12 months), changed 85% water yesterday when I stripped it, 30 degrees. Now Bare Bottom and looks ready to go - Do I throw the sick individual into this tank and try to feed up and give daily water changes??? IE Is the tank ready to go?

Any advice appreciated.

ILLUSN
Mon Jan 21, 2008, 12:16 PM
should be ok, re fill the tank with water from your sword grow out tank so the chemistry is the same.

Barry N
Tue Jan 22, 2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks Illusn. :) Did that this morning and threw the little one in. We'll see what he's like when I get home tonight.