PDA

View Full Version : A mad, mad weekend!

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hi all,

My daughter and her partner asked my wife and I if we wanted to go 4 wheel driving last weekend with a bunch of the young folk. We thought it would be great to spend some time in the Qld bush and especially as my wife is an avid photographer. I imagined driving through a few state forest tracks, stop for a few beers (non drivers) and a bite to eat, few bumps but nothing too wild. Boy was I way off LoL!
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 09:25 PM
A few more

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 09:40 PM
more

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 09:48 PM
more

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 09:54 PM
more

ellwa
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:03 PM
Looks like fun.

I'm glad it was you and not me though!

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:05 PM
Finally. Here's a couple of the country side we were in, it's just beautiful.

ILLUSN
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:14 PM
Weekend well spent mate, looks like great fun!!!

Photos are awesome!

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:16 PM
Hi Ellwa,

It's fun alright! My wife was screaming for her Mum a few times but we all had a great time. We hit the beach next weekend so we'll see how that goes.
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hi Illusn,

I reckon the lady did a great job with the photos considering most of them were taken through a windscreen or whilst on the move. Yep, time well spent.
MAC

Nathan
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 11:17 PM
thats bloody awesome, i havnt had much experience 4wd but that would be an awesome run for dirt bikes, shame theres no where like that round here.

mistakes r crucial
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hi Nathan,

Two of the guys were on KTM's, 6 4WD's and 2 bikes, they were awesome to watch as they were very experienced riders. 60k's an hour up some of these dirt tracks on the back wheel, not for the feint hearted.
MAC

Matt15
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 11:58 PM
I've heard alot about those tracks on the Sunny Coast from mates, and your pics pretty much confirm what they said. Looks like you had an awesome time...!!!

Geesh I wish I had a 4wd......;)

scott bowler
Tue Jan 15, 2008, 04:23 AM
good stuff mac looks like a good time was had by all love it , looks nice and wett up there too hehe , lots of mud , nice pics of the Glass House Mountains what a awesome spot , always loved it up there.

Robdog
Thu Jan 17, 2008, 09:59 AM
We hit the beach next weekend so we'll see how that goes.
MAC

I reckon it'll go a lot better if you don't take that fella in the Feroza.

At least you had a few Toyota's to snatch out the Nismo's :lol:

mistakes r crucial
Thu Jan 17, 2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Rob,

LoL, he's one of the good guys but has a crack at anything. Mmmm, one Toyota on the Saturday but generally that's not a brand you mention around here, Nissan's is where it's at on the Coast. I won't tell you what most of the group think of Cruisers, it would offend a family site but I must admit the old Toyota amazed everyone, it went everywhere and then some. I doubt the newer ones would hack it.

Looks like rain up here all weekend so it might be a day trip now, shame, I was looking forward to a weekend on the beach with 30 party animals.
MAC