PDA

View Full Version : new breeding tank and am i over feeding my fish

locksmith999
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 12:31 PM
have 4 large 6ft tanks and just brought a 2x2x2ft new tank breeding purposes, how long should i cycle the tank if im using water from other cycled tanks when i do water changes, i change 25% cycled water and 25% tap modified water and have had it running for 14 days.
secondly i have 25 or so discus spread out in groups of 5 or 6 by color over all betwwen 8cms and 14 cms. i feed them every type of food known to be good for discus at least 2 times a day ! am i being to kind to them they are all happy and always look starving! and knock on wood i have never lost a discus to this very day!
I am a realatively experinced aquarist 15 yrs or so in the hobby and just keep adding more tanks!
DISCUS ARE SO FULL OF CHARACTER!!! :D 8-) :x :evil: :lol:

the german
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 12:46 PM
sounds all very good to me :D hope we see some pics soon :wink:

locksmith999
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 12:50 PM
gotta get the missus to help there got the pics cant work out puters lol.
I will stick to fish keeping but will hassle her and get some pics on here asap keep yas posted!

ILLUSN
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 10:43 PM
as long as your cleaning the tanks propperly, its ok to over feed, we all do it, if you let the uneaten food sit and rot you'll have problems.

I dont cycle a breeding tank i just use an established sponge filter from a rareing tank or a display tank.

you set up sounds good cant wait to see photos.