PDA

View Full Version : My New Heckels

darren burgess
Sat Jan 12, 2008, 05:15 AM
I have been chasing some heckels for quite a while,so when i found this nice group of 7 approx 3.5" i couldn't refuse.I have only had them for 3 day's but are pigs,they are currently in there qt tank so it's a little bare,i'm shure they will like there new digs soon !

cheers

the german
Sun Jan 13, 2008, 12:35 AM
very nice fish mate.
are they tank breed or wild?

Xtreme
Sun Jan 13, 2008, 02:32 AM
[quote=are they tank breed or wild?[/quote]
:shock: :shock:
Thats funny

ILLUSN
Sun Jan 13, 2008, 03:51 AM
very nice mate are they pinapple heckels? or the standard, faces look a bit yelow in the pics.

samir
Sun Jan 13, 2008, 04:30 AM
very nice mate are they pinapple heckels? or the standard, faces look a bit yelow in the pics.

mate, i have three "pineapple" and four blue face and I can never tell the difference. the face colour will change with the background.

you can put a black paper under half of the tank , the fish on top of the black will be dark brown with blue striations, as soon as they move to the lighter side they will turn yellow.

the german
Sun Jan 13, 2008, 05:29 AM
[quote=are they tank breed or wild?
:shock: :shock:
Thats funny[/quote]

whats funny on that???
dont tell me you dont have tank breed heckel in australia

darren burgess
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 12:00 AM
Thank's for all the comment's.Michael they are standard heckels wild caught.

cheers

ILLUSN
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 12:37 AM
you can put a black paper under half of the tank , the fish on top of the black will be dark brown with blue striations, as soon as they move to the lighter side they will turn yellow.

Thanks Samir, you have no idea how much confusion you've just cleared up for me.

royce_23au
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 06:16 AM
hi, great looking fish mate cheers , :)

barramundi
Tue Jan 15, 2008, 09:46 AM
Nice 1 Darren,
Great looking discus,can't wait till i next vist your place to see them,they would look stunning in a planted display tank.

John

Ben75
Wed Jan 30, 2008, 02:58 AM
Very nice fish Darren,
All the best with them.
Can't till you breed some.