PDA

View Full Version : Beefheart Flake where to get

aussieorchid
Wed Jan 09, 2008, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know if beefheart flakes are available in australia and if so who might sell them. My 6 young discus have taken to eating all the flake I put in the tank for the cardinals. I feed them frozen beefheart and frozen bloodworm as well as tetra bits but in the mornings I tend not to have time for the frozen foods so they get feed from the auto feeder. I would love to be able to get hold of some of the beefheart flake as I figure they would still get most of the benefit of beefheart and easy for me as well since they eat all the flake anyway.

samir
Mon Jan 14, 2008, 05:07 PM
why not just let them eat flake food in the morning ?

aussieorchid
Wed Jan 16, 2008, 01:04 AM
They do eat the flake at the moment but as the can is almost empty I was trying to get something a little more nutrious for them and have read pretty good reviews about the beefheart flake in the USA. I might have to go with the freeze dried blackworms as they love them but would like to incorporate some more balance in their diet hence the beefheart flake.

ILLUSN
Wed Jan 16, 2008, 02:06 AM
try a good quality flake like sera vipan or breeders blend flake, combine that with freeze dried worms and some color bit and some NLS and you should be ok, live brine shrimp would also be good once a week or so.