PDA

View Full Version : Did adding eco complete affect your ph and ammonia levels??

SusieQ
Tue Jan 08, 2008, 09:36 PM
Hi....
I recently added some eco complete (1 bag to cover a small portion of the tank) to my discus tank and am experiencing a rise in my ph and a bit of ammonia... The ammonia has since gone away thanks to wcs... but I am wondering if the eco complete affects anything. The bag says that it may in soft water and I have very soft well water. Anyone else see any changes in water parameters when using it in an already set up tank or would it be something else I need to investigate??? Thanks for any feedback... Sue

ILLUSN
Tue Jan 08, 2008, 11:42 PM
I didn't notice any changes to my water when i top up the tank with fresh eco complete, here in Oz we get the dry version with no black water extract added, is this the same type that you're using?

SusieQ
Wed Jan 09, 2008, 12:35 AM
Hi Illusn..
The kind I bought had some liquid in it. The packaging (which of course I no Longer have..duh...) said something about the liquid containing some sort of bacteria and if the tank was established to drain the liquid. So I drained most of the liquid but did not rinse the material before adding it to the tank. I am wanting to add another package of the eco complete and add more swords etc but not if it's gonna mess with my water parameters too much.. Guess I could add a bit to a bowl of tap water and see what happens.. but it's very expensive here so I really don't want to buy it if I'm not going to use it. I think I will wait a day or so and see if my water paramters change.. Thanks for your feedback.... Anyone else use eco complete?? Thanks Sue