PDA

View Full Version : Adding Pro-More and Pro-Growth to dry food (packaged)

norto
Thu Jan 03, 2008, 07:03 AM
This is how I mix the Pro-More and Pro-Growth with my pre-packaged dry food, as I realise that some people don't have the time to make their own Beef Heart mix, works a treat.

norto
Thu Jan 03, 2008, 07:11 AM
Step 1.

Dilute Pro-More or Pro-Growth in a cup or container I use the ratio of 5 grams(a teaspoon) to 100ml of water Than Place the water in the spare food container.

Step 2.

Spoon in Dry food pellets enough so that the water is still covering them and leave to soak.After a couple of hours all the water should be soaked up (if not leave a little longer).

norto
Thu Jan 03, 2008, 07:15 AM
Step 3.

After soaking sprinkle onto a flat container to dry out, once dry tip back into spare food container and thats it pre-packaged dry food with an added BONUS Pro-More or Pro-Growth.

topline
Wed Sep 17, 2008, 02:12 PM
How do I order the product?

Cheers
Brian
Perth WA

norto
Wed Sep 17, 2008, 09:03 PM
PM Sent.

BigDaddyAdo
Thu Sep 18, 2008, 12:58 AM
Can you PM me the details also please.

Ado

bartek
Mon Sep 22, 2008, 03:10 AM
So all that you are doings is getting the New Life product to bind to the Tetra product is that right?

Any idea if diluting the New Life product affects its nutrient levels? Do you loose any nutrients through this process?

Andrew Soh
Fri Sep 26, 2008, 03:20 AM
The mixing of the processed food with pro-products is very simple.

What is most important is the the pro-product must first be dissolved in water. And this water must be totally absorbed by the process food.

No loss of nutrient in short-term.

Take care,
Andrew :wink:

bartek
Fri Sep 26, 2008, 05:24 AM
Ok I understand that but I still don't quite understand why?

Why not just feed it separtatly?

Do the two food work better when cosumed at the same time together?

By the way Andrew, managed to get a hold of a copy of your book and found it quite informative.

Andrew Soh
Fri Sep 26, 2008, 07:30 AM
Thank you for buying the book, Bart.

The pro-products are not a food but a supplement ....which are proteins and vitamins and are generally water-soluble ....so if you add directly to the water, theywill dissolve way before the discus can eat or pick them.

Further to that, because they are proteins....they should not be added directly to water as the effective amount will foul the water and promote bacteria growth....(all proteins do)...then water will be very cloudy.

Mixing with food will allow it to be absorbed into the meat.

Hope that answers your question.

Take care,
Andrew :wink:

Dave+Amy
Wed Oct 22, 2008, 05:55 AM
would you post to NZ?

TW
Wed Oct 22, 2008, 07:51 AM
So all that you are doings is getting the New Life product to bind to the Tetra product is that right? I don't believe so. Norto shows pics of the Tetra & New Life dry food simply as examples of the sorts of sinking pellets that he uses to soak up the pro more & pro growth powders.

jimmyg
Sat Jan 10, 2009, 10:58 PM
Step 1.

Dilute Pro-More or Pro-Growth in a cup or container I use the ratio of 5 grams(a teaspoon) to 100ml of water Than Place the water in the spare food container.

Step 2.

Spoon in Dry food pellets enough so that the water is still covering them and leave to soak.After a couple of hours all the water should be soaked up (if not leave a little longer).

Did you use hot water, I tried it with cold water and Tetra bites but its not soaking it all up it's still really wet.

I fully covered the water with food.

Thanks
Jimmy

Hollowman
Sat Jan 10, 2009, 11:12 PM
Try water at 30C (tank temp) and add more granuals

Andrew Soh
Sun Jan 11, 2009, 06:32 AM
Hi Jimmy,

You don't need to ensure that all the water is soaked up/sucked up.

The water and pro-product ratio is just a guide for the concentration.

When you put in the food....after 15 minutes, whatever needed to be suck-in should be sufficient and you put the granular onto a net and the balance solution that passes through can be reuse again ....

Regards,
:D Andrew

jimmyg
Sun Jan 11, 2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the info fellas.

Andrew your book is awesome.

Thanks
Jimmy

Andrew Soh
Sun Jan 11, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hope the info helps....Jim

And thanks for reading my book......and the second one coming in March or April :wink:

REgards,
Andrew :lol: