PDA

View Full Version : breeding wild browns

biggy1688
Sun Dec 30, 2007, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone,
I got my hands on two wild browns three months ago and about 2 and a half weeks ago they show signs of pairing up. They are chasing all the other fish away from their corner and are cleaning up the filter tube. But the problem is that I still have not seen any eggs yet? Its been 2 and a half weeks and still nothing. I don't see any of their breeding tubes come out at all. I heard that they could be two males but some people I've spoken to say that it would be pretty rare that they are two males. I would love to hear what your opinions are.

thanks

discuslover
Sun Dec 30, 2007, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't be overly worrried they will spawn when ready.
how old are they, don't forget it is their first time to spawn better that they defend their corner for a while as it will make their bond stronger.

I used to do a water change or slightly alter the tank temperature with my reluctant breeders.
spoil them with a bit of live food as well

Anyway hope this helps but then again i have only recently got back into discus so you might wanna try advice for others with more recent experience

biggy1688
Sun Dec 30, 2007, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure how old they but their size is about 18cm from nose to the end of the tale. thanks for the reply discuslover

Xtreme
Mon Dec 31, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hi Biggy 1688,

Time will tell :lol:
Do u have any pics of the fish as it might help distinguish what u have m/f
Or better still do u have another tank u can put them in and see what happens

biggy1688
Tue Jan 01, 2008, 11:50 AM
G'day Xtreme,
I tried to post some pics but because i'm a noob, i couldn't get the pics up. I do have another tank that is 45cm by 45cm cube.Is that big enough?

the german
Mon Jan 07, 2008, 01:05 AM
good size,try it in that one