PDA

View Full Version : sick fish

gypsy3
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 04:49 AM
hi all...i have an adult blue diamond that is not well.Initially the fish went dark, then started to swim with its head pointing up, then on its side. It has been treated with 3 doses of metro in a q/t as well as a dose of prazi after metro . The fish has regained its colour, but otherwise remains the same, swimming lethargically with its head up, or on its side, breathing heavily still. Any suggestions? i don't want to euthanase the fish, but at the same time its been like this for a week now, despite treatment.

gypsy3
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
anybody??he's kinda bent sideways now when he tries to swim and still heads up...looks like he hasn't got any control - colours still good . this originally happened very suddenly

Xtreme
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 11:15 AM
Hi Gypsy,
Sad to hear that about the bd
Mayb a swim bladder problem ,mayb epsom salts :?
what was the metro dosage that you gave the fish

samir
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 11:23 AM
do a big water change and see if that helps, any chance of a pic ?

valkyrie
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
do a big water change and see if that helps, any chance of a pic ?

I agree, WC, WC, WC, with that much mediation if it had anything bacterial/parasiticial wrong its gone, give freshwater and time to recoup.

Cheers

gypsy3
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 12:51 PM
thanks for the replies....metro was 4oomg/20l every 2 days with 50% water changes, to no avail, so i don't think its bacterial or parasitic.Maybe the swim bladder problem.So would epsom salts be worth trying_ and at what strength. Iwas considering a pp bath, but again, i don't think it would help in this case

samir
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 01:21 PM
try the pp bath it may help.

gypsy3
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 11:32 PM
will try the pp bath.nothing has changed, he's no better and no worse, colour is good, just has no control over his swimming.Do i perservere with him, and for how long?I wouldn't like to think i'm putting him thru unneccessary suffering

gypsy3
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 11:33 PM
i'll tell you what tho....it is amazing to watch how his mate, a blue snakeskin. protects and watches over him.