PDA

View Full Version : What fish project are on over the christmas Break ?

Bad Inferno
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 09:37 AM
OK we all have some time off over Christmas...Whats everybody doing --Fish Wise...

For me ...I will be trying to take out a very well siliconed background out of my tank and re aquascape. I'll also get at least a day to improve my web interface. I bought my wife a new camera for Christmas so look out for lots of fish pics next week :)

Ben
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 10:25 AM
I got this awesome little project on the way!

It has been known to grow to 3 metres!

Stay tuned for photo's!

Merrilyn
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 10:43 AM
Ohhhhhhhh Ben you've installed a crocodile in the bathtub.

I knew it wouldn't be long. :shock:

Matt15
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 11:08 AM
Photo's with new camera sound great Bad Inferno.

For me, i'm considering setting up a breeding tank.... fingers crossed somebody will pair off soon.

samir
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
I got this awesome little project on the way!

It has been known to grow to 3 metres!

Stay tuned for photo's!

Did Taksan lend you his anaconda for the summer :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robdog
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
With the current weather in Melbourne, anaconda shrinkage might still be an issue. :lol:

I've been touring an aquarium or two around Melbourne today and Ben's project does sound impressive. :wink:

Mr Discus
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
I will be pretty busy fish wise over Xmas, as my tank was only filled 2 weeks ago for the first time.

I went out and got 2 SAE's today and 2 Whiptails, so I will be letting the tank cycle some more over the Xmas week this week (as nothing will be open anyway), and then early January I will be shopping for some more fish to get my stock levels up!

Ben
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 12:11 PM
Ohhhhhhhh Ben you've installed a crocodile in the bathtub.

I knew it wouldn't be long. :shock:

well at least i went with a freshwater croc and not a salty!

rwel4809
Tue Dec 25, 2007, 01:25 AM
I will be setting up my new 100 x 50 x 60 cm (300 l) planted tank.. I received the tank and cabinet a few days ago and so far I have only painted the back of the glass..

Following the advice of the paint man in Bunnings I primed the glass with a coat of ESP and painted three coats of Gloss enamel in Dulux 'Lagoona Teal'. I pretty happy with the result - it seems to be quite resistant to scratching (according to my fingernail scratch testing).

It's going to be a planted tank (for Discus of course) I am following the dupla method with undergravel heat cable, a layer of laterite etc. I will post a thread of the set up - Once plants have arrived in early Jan.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Thanks to all at discus forums - I wouldn't feel brave enough to take this on without all the information and assistance available here!

Robert

iro11a
Tue Dec 25, 2007, 04:28 AM
I found some extra room on my desk and after my first spawn of discus im setting up 2 X 2 foot tanks for breeding got 2 pairs out of my community tank :) wish me luck!

jono

Squid
Fri Dec 28, 2007, 11:07 PM
well people - just got my mortgage extended by $30000. Starting to build my aquaculture setup. Got the shed all measured up. Getting the 3000lt water prep tank next week, as well as the ceiling and insulation etc. Gonna be a big job but at least I've started. Also putting in a 100 000 lt underground tank in for the fish and house (fish mainly!!). That wont happen until Feb. Also building fish tanks and systems as well as stands and stuff. Have to have it all done by April.

When I was down in Melbourne, I went over to Ben's house. Got some good ideas from him - the big one was heaps of power points and a RO water prep area. Got 10 double power point, 4 ceiling fans, 2 reverse cycle aircon points. I may even have to live down in the shed during winter. Anyway, I'm going to post a chronological order picture thread of the latest developments with 'the shed'. Stand by

Squid

Matt15
Fri Dec 28, 2007, 11:19 PM
Squid you'll have to let us know when your finished, i'd be keen to visit and check your new setup out. Sounds pretty serious....:):)

Over the past few days i've purchased a slightly larger tank. Not my ideal size but it was the only size i could get past the minister of war and finance (the wife). It's a 36x28x18 and i have a new 36x24 background to add.

Mr Discus
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 05:49 AM
Nice one Matt - 4" taller than my tank - should look wicked when you have it set up.

Don't forget to post up some piccies of the progress.

Merrilyn
Sat Dec 29, 2007, 02:00 PM
Wow, it sounds like Santa granted lots of fishy wishes.

Good luck everyone with your fantastic projects.

Please post lots and lots of pics :P