PDA

View Full Version : Cairns Breeders ??

sharkies
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 05:11 AM
Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and just about to get back into keeping discus,
Could any one reccomend any breeders in the cairns area ?

Regards Gary

Robdog
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 11:43 AM
I'm still trying to work that one out myself Gary. I have seen a few nice ones around but I'm not sure if they have been bred in the area.

A1 down in Brownsville seem to bring in some good fish too.

samir
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 11:51 AM
Rodbog, why don't you rent a place with a solar heated swimming pool, toss a few logs and a dozen heckels in.

sharkies
Mon Dec 24, 2007, 09:33 PM
now your talking !!! the guy next door is doing exactly that but with barra

barramundi
Wed Dec 26, 2007, 09:17 PM
Hi Gary,
Try Stonedavid on this forum he is up in Carins.I have not caught up with him for a while but i know he breeds discus sometimes and did have some quality.

You canot go past Darren @ A1 aquarium here in Townsville he is who i turn to for anything special and i always get quality from him.

Here is a pic of what i just purchased from him just befor xmas if this is what you are looking for.

John

sharkies
Wed Dec 26, 2007, 11:10 PM
Hi John,

They are magnificent looking fish, I have contacted boydie from this forum and he is ordering some from him soon and I have agreed to purchase a couple my self, what wher the discus in the photo called and what sort of price ???

Regards Gary

barramundi
Thu Dec 27, 2007, 02:23 AM
Hi Gary,
They are different kinds of discus,Super melons,Royal ruby reds,Albino's,Red pearls.
If you look up under classifieds in this forum you will see- shipment from Forrest by A1 Aquarium and it gives a price list and also some pics.

John

nicholas76
Thu Dec 27, 2007, 02:47 AM
John ,,

Lovely fish mate,, A nice selection of reds, I hope they hold the colouring. the lepss have a lovely coverage of spotting too

Gary,,

Your in luck bud, you have some very good breeders up in your parts. From memory squid lives up north and he is into wilds.

As I tell others, check the photo section and PM members from your part of the world who post up quality pictures!

Good luck

Robdog
Wed Jan 02, 2008, 03:48 AM
I thought Squid was down your way Nick.

barramundi
Wed Jan 02, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the comments i also hope they hold their colour,even so they are turning into some nice discus.

Also Squid has moved down brisbane way.

John