chris
Sun Nov 21, 2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Just curious to know how long this adiction last

kalebjarrod
Sun Nov 21, 2004, 11:17 AM
1-3 years for me but i have been keeping fish since i was 7, 21 years ago now

weird
Sun Nov 21, 2004, 12:17 PM
Not to be an age-ist ... but Ryan I put you as much older with some of your DIY ideas ... especially what you did with your house. Great job btw.

I got into fish very late ... only 18 months ago. Keeping discus since the middle of the year, so about 6 months now. Discus have provided another exciting avenue for my overall fish hobby ... and have provided a great education in regards to water quality and treatment.

Proteus
Sun Nov 21, 2004, 07:05 PM
about 4-5 yrs for me...

although there was a period of 2 yrs in the middle where I was focusing on Marine tanks and brackish setups...

cichlidfan
Sun Nov 21, 2004, 08:21 PM
I have been keeping Discus since 1981, and before that kept a few Africans, American cichlids and a few tropical species from a young age.
I still have an admiration for cichlids, we still keep a few at home, but Discus has always been a part of my life.
Allan

sunshinediscus
Sun Nov 21, 2004, 08:54 PM
Thats not what you told me 3 or 4 years ago allan when you were looking for your first discus. You know i speak the truth buddy.

cichlidfan
Sun Nov 21, 2004, 11:18 PM
Rod,
When i first met you 4 years ago I was after fish to add to my collection, as I was only a hobbyist at the time, or don't you remember, I bought a turquoise off you as one of mine had died, and the female I had was fretting for a partner.

kalebjarrod
Mon Nov 22, 2004, 08:50 AM
hay thanks werid

i'll take that as a completment

Proteus
Mon Nov 22, 2004, 04:33 PM
Guys, it isnt a contest as to who has had Discus the longest...

I think someone should know how long they have kept certain species for...

keep it friendly, or keep it in private

thanks

:wink:

Essayons89
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 02:40 AM
I keep Africans, tetras, cories, plecs, angels and other species for over four years now. I credit luvfishies with fueling my fascination with discus and have been keeping them since July of 2003.

Bryan

Proteus
Wed Nov 24, 2004, 05:10 AM
speaking of luv... havent seen skwij around in a while...

:(