PDA

View Full Version : safe spray paint?

kalebjarrod
Sun Nov 21, 2004, 02:38 AM
what brand of spray paint can i use INSIDE my tank to cover some new PVC pipes?

this tank is in the setup stage so thier are NO FISH, and i have the ability to set this tank up how i want then add fish much later if need be

i do want to cover some of the white PVC pipes this time?

Tryhard
Mon Nov 22, 2004, 09:59 AM
I am not sure there is such a thing Ryan as far as paint goes - may be it would be easier or less toxic to silicon bits of slate or driftwood to your pipes ?. Not totally sure myself but I think you would be hard pressed to find a paint that wasn't toxic in some form.

kalebjarrod
Mon Nov 22, 2004, 10:20 AM
you could be right from the lack of others posts

any other opinions?

HELP ME

chrissyoscar
Mon Nov 22, 2004, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure who it was but awhile ago somebody was also inquiring about paint to use on the inside of the tank and the only answer was some sort of marine paint. From memory I think it was a two pack paint meaning you had to mix two parts together and it was expensive.
I could be wrong but you might want to contact some marine shop and see what they say.

Oscar

kalebjarrod
Mon Nov 22, 2004, 11:08 AM
thanks oscar i will do that

dreamer
Mon Nov 22, 2004, 11:22 AM
maybe you can try normal spray paint then coating with pond sealer ...

DiscusMad
Mon Nov 22, 2004, 12:06 PM
the stuff we are looking for is resin the stuff you use for fiberglassing

its clear and safe to use after a good wash after it drys

Bad Inferno
Tue Nov 23, 2004, 09:51 AM
what about using heat shrink...I think you may be able to get it big enough and there are plenty of colours available.

(Heat shrink is used to bundle electrical cables together with...you would need to go to an electronics shop Dick smith may not have large sizes)