boydie
Wed Dec 12, 2007, 07:51 AM
i agree.thank merrilyn.

madasa
Wed Dec 12, 2007, 09:03 AM
My heart missed a beat when I saw that photo - outstanding

ivo
Sat Dec 22, 2007, 01:42 AM
They are absolutely stunning. I think Merrilyn is the only person in the country who has the most gorgeous collection of wilds under one roof.

Merrilyn, you should ask Taksan to take pictures for all your beautiful wilds and make a 2008 calender for us to buy!

rwel4809
Sat Dec 22, 2007, 04:32 AM
ditto Ivo...

I have had to make one of these pics of Merrilyn's royal blues my desktop background!!

Robert

Matt15
Sat Dec 22, 2007, 06:48 AM
+1 to the calender idea.

Sorry to ask newbie questions........ but

Merrilyn how did you get Heckles here in Aust?
How many do you have?
Are they breeding/you selling?

Merrilyn
Sat Dec 22, 2007, 09:44 AM
Hi Matt. Wild caught heckels are available in a fairly regular basis, although the cost remains fairly high. Several of our sponsors will get heckels in for you on a pre order basis. They are rarely available at your local aquarium shop.

I've currently got 6 wild caught heckels. As far as breeding goes ......... I wish. They are a very difficult fish. Few people in the world have had success breeding them. The males will pair quite readily, but the females are almost impossible to induce to spawn. It has been done (by one of our members) but it's a very rare occurance.

Matt15
Sat Dec 22, 2007, 10:07 AM
When you say a high cost...... can you give me a hint..:):)

Most of the LFS here in Brisbane either buy from a main importer or import themselves.. but from Thailand/Singapore etc. I'll certainly keep my eyes out for some wilds thou.

Merrilyn
Sat Dec 22, 2007, 10:36 AM
If your local fish shop buys from the wholesaler "Bayfish" they sometimes have wild caught heckels on their list.

Expect to pay between $200 and $500 per fish as a very rough guide.

Matt15
Sun Dec 23, 2007, 06:28 AM
Ok i'll start asking around. Think i'll need a larger tank thou...!!!

Price is scary but hell, i've spent that sort of money on worse things before....lol