PDA

View Full Version : how to take a good photo

boydie
Mon Dec 10, 2007, 10:10 AM
any advice on how to get a good digital photo of a fish without reflection and blurring??

ILLUSN
Mon Dec 10, 2007, 12:58 PM
first thin is to clean the glass, that way any imperfections wont catch the flash.

have your tank light on, digitals always struggle in low light.

take the photo level and on an angle to the glass, that should minimise the flash glare.

boydie
Tue Dec 11, 2007, 07:51 AM
thanks mate ill give it a go
cheers boydie

KNUCKLEHEAD
Mon Jan 21, 2008, 05:12 PM
I get the best pictures if I don't use my flash on the camera. I take pictures at night so there is no outside light and then turn off all the house lights and just rely on my aqaurium lights.

fish_r
Mon Jan 21, 2008, 08:31 PM
i do the same as knucklehead, i find using the flash on cheaper camera's washes out the colours.
and if u can get a tripod "there pretty cheap" it will take any hand shake out and stop bluring and use an iso of about 400 or more for moving fish. this is a pic of one of my shrimp i snapped using a crappy 4mp camera recently, not an easy pic to get.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/KharmaKazi/Shrimpwitheggs2.jpg

Matt15
Tue Jan 22, 2008, 12:50 AM
Never use flash.
Always take the shots when the room is at its darkest and turn the fish tank lights on.
And for closeups use the Digital Macro function.

Fishontherun
Tue Jan 22, 2008, 03:16 AM
I use DSLR (Canon 400D) and find it quite difficult. You need alot of light (I have 6 T8 tubes), but still, because the fish move fast so faster shutter speed require, and thus .. more light needed. ...
very difficult !!! :-))

taksan
Tue Jan 22, 2008, 04:08 AM
For a 400D .....or DSLR of any type other cameras are worthless for fish.
#1 Set it to P mode
#2 ISO of at least 800 but 1600 is better and 3200 if your camera does it.
#3 No flash
#4 Keep the lights on as much as possible in the tank but NOT in the room
#5 use center metering mode NOT average
#6 set the while balance to fluro if your using fluro lights