PDA

View Full Version : Breeding -- Pics of eggs and parents - your opinion?

Ozboc
Wed Dec 05, 2007, 07:13 AM
Ok after many frustrating episodes of my paired up discus eating eggs every week , i was lucky to witness why they were doing it - Both were females and both were laying eggs ( although every time i seen them i just seen the same one laying each time ) but both would guard each others eggs for the first 24 hours..

Solution , buy more discus ! baught 5 discus from Eric ( on this forum) and it looks like i may be in luck now - just today one of the new discus to the tank partnered up with one of my females , and she laid eggs again - hopefully this time she has overcome her Gender preference and chose a male :)

anyway - have a look at the photos on my webpage ( just taken at about 6 pm today - and let me know if you think they look fertilised -- or once again blanks ....

any advice would be great --

Boc

P.s i have 8 discus in this tank + 6 bar fronties + very small Black Calvus - i am in the process of getting a breeding tank IF these eggs actually do make it to hatching stage

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/sydneypumps/fish/

martraci
Wed Dec 05, 2007, 07:30 AM
great discus man but to me they dont look fertilised

mine always lay but they seem to be lezzos..would be awesome if they were human, not so great for discus!

madasa
Wed Dec 05, 2007, 10:13 AM
I disagree - those eggs look beigey and fertilized from what I could make out.

On a seperate note - you have discus and fronties in the same tank???? Both have extremely differing water requirements ... discus like soft water and low PH, fronties the opposite. As your discus have spawned I am led to believe that the water is suited more for them in which case your fronties will be unhappy and their life expectancy shortened.

Dont mean to sound harsh or state the obvious but I am both a discus and a fronties man with very successful breeding of the latter.
Pete

samir
Wed Dec 05, 2007, 10:33 AM
so far they look ok, you will probably get a better idea tomorrow. and the frontosas in the tank are annoying me.

madasa
Wed Dec 05, 2007, 10:39 AM
so far they look ok, you will probably get a better idea tomorrow. and the frontosas in the tank are annoying me.

If they are annoying / worrying us then just think what the poor fronties feel

Ozboc
Wed Dec 05, 2007, 08:05 PM
The fronties ( and other cichlids) are Temporary - baught a heap of Chiclids for a friends tank - as he has only cycled his tank for 2 - 3 weeks with no fish in it , i told him i will take care of half his stock till his tank matures a little as i didn't want him to load it up and have huge Nitrate and nitrite spikes

so for those who are annoyed - it wont be for too long .....

Boc

Ozboc
Wed Dec 05, 2007, 08:05 PM
Oh forgot to add - as of 7 am ALL the eggs are still there and parents still guarding them

Ozboc
Thu Dec 06, 2007, 09:14 AM
and as of 2 pm they have all been eaten - and to make my day worse - i have been a victim of internet fraud with some jerk cleaning out my bank account ....

would love to get my hand on these jerks ...

Boc

ILLUSN
Thu Dec 06, 2007, 09:49 AM
Mate, thats terrible news on both fronts, make me happy i live at near constant MAX credit card Debt.
lets the banks know they're pretty good at getting their money back.

madasa
Fri Dec 07, 2007, 02:12 AM
Oh crap - so sorry mate on both counts.

Ozboc
Fri Dec 07, 2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the replies guys , i was done 5 years ago with internet banking also - this will kind of scare you as to how safe your money is .....

I had 10 K go missing from my business account - so i go to the bank and find out whats going on ..... i was informed that a few transactions had been made from my account VIA B-PAY.....

NOW , here is the thing i never had B-Pay set up on my business account , and in order to enable it i had to Physically go to the bank show business registration( to prove i was business owner) and 3 forms of ID - needless to say i never done this as i never needed to use Bpay -- but someone rang up on the phone with just my Basic info ( name address and DOB) and got it enabled then got into my account and transfered the money ...

I actually caught it on the day that it happened --- so the money was still in limbo - so i got a STOP put on the transfer and i had that account disabled - The same guy later that night rang up claming he was me and had the account re enabled -- even after i had a do not reopen order put on the account ( i physically was at the bank and had this done )

I finally got my money back after 30 days - BUT i had no money for this time as all my accounts were suspended and all my money was locked up --- I just had a baby boy the week before - had rent due and my creditors screaming at me for money....

lucky this time they only got 2k - who knows if i will get it back , but after the second time the only internet bank account i will have from now on will only hold $300 MAX for bills or ebay the rest will go to an account without bpay or internet access.

and for the record --- i log into my bank account via my Laptop that has latest firewall and antivirus updates and do not use it for browsing the net at all.

ANY paper- mail that comes to my house - with my name or the misses name or any info goes into the shredder before going into the bin .....

scarey huh

Boc

eykw
Sat Dec 08, 2007, 01:02 PM
Hey Ozboc, can believe they got into action within a week of moving house!!! that's awesome! He must be a very happy boy!

i had my very first spawn in the community tank soon after the 5 moved out! so it's probably the lack of space in the tank that's stopping them from doing it all these time!!!

sorry to hear them eating the eggs and your identify theft trouble. hope it'll turn out fine! and i am sure there will be plenty more action in the tank real soon!

cheers,
Eric