PDA

View Full Version : WTB Malb Red or Blue Diamond in Sydney

ktakeshi
Thu Nov 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
looking for baby A grade Marlb red or blue diamond in sydney

thank you

samir
Thu Nov 29, 2007, 12:33 PM
you probably wont find very high quality in both strains. Xtreme has some pretty decent blue diamonds for sale.

ktakeshi
Fri Nov 30, 2007, 04:50 AM
thank you for the answer , but ,
what is the reason behind the difficulty of finding high quality of these two in sydney?

Thanx

samir
Fri Nov 30, 2007, 05:06 AM
very good quality discus around 10 cm wholesale at $150 and above in SE Asia, by the time it gets here it will retail at say $450. how many will pay that for a 10cm blue diamond when you can get them for around 80 bucks.
the ones at Xtreme are among the better ones I've seen lately, if you breed them you will get some very good quality fish if you have the skill to grow them out properly.

ozarowana
Fri Nov 30, 2007, 05:13 AM
I have seen nice BD with what appears to be cobalt crossed into them for the red eye and shape.

ktakeshi
Fri Nov 30, 2007, 06:35 AM
thank you so much for the answer,
now i understand,
i will head to xtreme to have a look then, thank you

ktakeshi
Sat Dec 01, 2007, 05:50 AM
went to xtreme today, but the ph over there was like 4.2...
mine tank is only 6.0 - 6.5

but the blue diamond is amazingly beautiful..
oh..and the albino yellow diamond...two of them were very very beautiful..

Xtreme
Sun Dec 02, 2007, 02:13 AM
went to xtreme today, but the ph over there was like 4.2...
mine tank is only 6.0 - 6.5

but the blue diamond is amazingly beautiful..
oh..and the albino yellow diamond...two of them were very very beautiful..

Hi there Ktakeshi,

The reason we have the ph down soo low is for disease purpose
I think raising the ph slowly over a couple of hrs shouldnt be a problem

HTH

ivo
Sun Dec 02, 2007, 06:22 AM
Xtreme is right. As long as you adjust them slowly they may still get some ph burnt like on the tail and one gill may closed for couple of days but they will recover over a few days period. Leave them in the bag to adjust temperature, then slowly add a little bit of your tank water in the bag. Do it over the course of an hour or so until you have added around equivalent amount of the water in the bag and then release the fish. Of course put an air hose in the bag while you are doing that.

I have recently given 4 discus to my local lfs due to too many discus. My ph is around 4.8 and they are about 7. They did the same process and discus were fine. Vice versa when i bought discus from other places which have a much higher ph than mine, did the same process and never kill any discus. Worth a try if you like their BD.

ktakeshi
Thu Dec 06, 2007, 12:20 PM
yeah, it does sound good, but i just dont have the courage or the time to adjust them.

but thx for the replies :)

Xtreme
Thu Dec 06, 2007, 12:29 PM
yeah, it does sound good, but i just dont have the courage or the time to adjust them.

but thx for the replies :)
Hi there Ktakeshi,

We have slowly taken the ph up in the system now so that its a lot easier for others to acclimatise their fish
The ph is at 6.5 atm

HTH