PDA

View Full Version : Why do people assume plants in a fish tank are weeds?

enigmatic
Mon Nov 26, 2007, 01:55 AM
Can anyone help me with this?

I'm fed up showing people my aquarium and hoping for some positive comment only to be asked "what weed is that?"

I know my tank has a long way to go but it is quite annoying for this question to come up time and again in one form or another.

Cheers,

Chris

fishgeek
Mon Nov 26, 2007, 07:57 AM
do they mean invasive water weeds?
:P

ignorance?

what plants are you growing

enigmatic
Mon Nov 26, 2007, 08:27 AM
I'm growing swords, crypts and lotus. The latest question came about from a query about a moss covered log.

They originally said there was a lot of grass on the log. When I said it wasn't grass I got "what weed is it then?"

Robdog
Mon Nov 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
Maybe they have been smoking a bit of the former or the later. :? :lol:

I remember when my dad used to have a tank when I was growing up he always used to say "I'm just going out to pick up some more weed for the fish tank"
3 things.
Maybe he was actually going out and buying weed?? :shock:
Maybe Elodea was actually considered a weed back then and not an aquatic plant?? (I still think it's a weed)
Maybe it's just an old school thing??

All of those plus your friend may be retarded. :thumb :banghead :stupid

ILLUSN
Mon Nov 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
some people just dont get plants in a fish tank, my dad was the same way till i showed him how its done right.

Tommo
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:04 AM
some people just dont get plants in a fish tank, my dad was the same way till i showed him how its done right.

Did You Show Him The Nature Aquarium World By Takashi Amano ?

LOL

Cheers Tommo

ILLUSN
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:08 AM
yep!
you got it in one!

Tommo
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:10 AM
Only A Little Fun ILLSUN

But Some Pics Of Your Plants Would Be Nice :)
I Did See What You Had For Sale And They Looked Good :)

Cheers Tommo

ILLUSN
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:19 AM
mate plant tank looks like $#!+, had huge problems with the aquascape, some plants grew too tall and thin, other melted when i lowered the ph, now I'm picking and selecting plants that grow at a ph <5.0.

will put up pics in a wkk or 2 once i get the last few in.

Tommo
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:22 AM
Yep ,You Can Not Rush A Planted Pic ILLUSN. Cos Right Now I Have The Sensation Look Of That Green $hit The Call Algae

Cheers Tommo

Tommo
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 09:29 AM
The Biggest Problem With An Aquascape ,Is Trimming The Bloody WEEDS LOL .. Seriously Though....... Getting The Plants In The Right Location And The Right Height To Give It The Wow Effect, Is Very Time Consuming.

But I Planted Tank Is Not !! Cos You Let It Grow !
"hehehe" Well Thats My Excuse !

Cheers Tommo

gingerbeer01
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 10:28 AM
I used to always say when people came in to buy weeds , weeds are plants that you don;t want to grow - plants you want to grow - now whcihc did you want again.

See natural salesman here.

samir
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 11:37 AM
some people just dont get plants in a fish tank

you talking to me ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ILLUSN
Tue Nov 27, 2007, 12:08 PM
you talking to me ???

I didn't say that :wink:

still mate your fish dont seem to mind your tanks.