PDA

View Full Version : Black water extract,Good or Bad for discus? usefull or not?

Ciprian
Fri Nov 23, 2007, 05:12 PM
I was told by a Pet store today to use this product, is this good?

Blackwater Extract
Directions for Use:
Add 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of Blackwater Extract for every 10 gallons of aquarium water. Replenish monthly or with every water change. In areas of very hard water, double the amount. Top of bottle can be used for measuring - fill to inner ring-line to treat 5 gallons or use one full capful per 10 gallons.

Note: Blackwater Extract is not a medication and is not intended to be a substitute for any medication.

Principal Ingredients
Vitamins B2, B6, B12, Nicotinic Amide, Panthenol, Biotin, and Peat Extract.

General Information
Blackwater Extract contains trace elements, vitamins, and valuable extract of peat. It creates an environment similar to parts of the Amazon River and other natural blackwater biotopes. Blackwater Extract promotes fish activity levels. When added to an aquarium, a light yellow color will appear. Blackwater Extract is an excellent conditioner for all soft water fishes including: discus, angelfish, tetras, and killifish.

dwilder
Fri Nov 23, 2007, 08:26 PM
heard it was waste of money

ILLUSN
Fri Nov 23, 2007, 11:31 PM
it REALLY helps to settle in new fish, plus it slightly lowers your ph, i use a black water extraxct (or miricle leaf for the same efect) whenever i indrodice new fish to a quarentine tank and from quarentine to the display tanks.

its also great when your condioning pairs for breeding (darker water makes them fell more secure)

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
I like to use a form of blackwater extract too Ciprian, especially in breeding tanks. I use indian almond leaves, but they have the same effect.

Ciprian
Sun Nov 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
How about (Wonder Shell) are they any good?