PDA

View Full Version : Thieves

spyderpig
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 06:31 AM
Turn on your alarm!

Some kids broke into my house today, and they went straight upstairs to get some money and jewlery. They got caught around the area. I did not even have to show the video of my camera showing them coming in driving an Accord. Thx my discus were not harmed. :)

Merrilyn
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry to hear about the robbery, but at least your fish are safe.

Did the police manage to recover your stolen goods?

ILLUSN
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 11:13 AM
that sucks!!!!

Bubbles
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 11:10 PM
The Law is what sucks big time - these "Kids" get a slap on the wrist most times & get let back out onto the streets to re-offend then grow up as hard core criminals because of the parents & the legal system have failed them.

Most cases of break & enter & robbery are kids/teenagers & most times it's drug related. " a quick buck"

What ever happened to self respect, respect of others & your own property, the good old please & thank-you & treat others as you would want to be treated - all of which are drummed into my kids & were drummed into us kids growing up.

All of the above is taught, respect is earned it's not a right. Parents need to be held accountable for their kids actions, they need to be more involved in their kids life & know what's going on out there.

ILLUSN
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 12:20 AM
well said bubbles, just like the damn kids who put a brick to the window of my car to get $6 from my ash tray.

I was cutting the back lawn at the time, the brats could see me!

spyderpig
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 02:21 AM
Very well said bubbles! +1 :thumb

Well Illusn, the cops said they found the the stolen items on them. they are going to court tomorrow with the evidence.
Thank Bhoudda they did not use their gun!

As for my car, window tint and dark interior are a + and I never let anyting in it even a coin! and get the alarm for the windows too :lol:

spyderpig
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 02:25 AM
Sorry to hear about the robbery, but at least your fish are safe.

Did the police manage to recover your stolen goods?

Merrilyn, would you support my idea of getting a shark instead of a dog? :laff4

Bubbles
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 02:25 AM
Hey ILLUSN,

One of my freinds was a sleep one night to awake to a noise in her room & found a teenage kid standing next to her bed taking money from her bedside table.

He took off running out of the house with my freind giving chase all the while he was crying & running telling megan not to catch him & to please let him go, she did'nt end up catching him & he got away, she rang the police & told them what happened & the description of the kid & the police told her he matched the description of a robbery suspect from a few streets down, a husband & wife reported a robbery only 30 minutes prior to megan's phone call to the police, he had stollen money from the kitchen of the husband & wife's house, the husband have given chase but could not catch this little creep.

Pretty frightening to awake & find someone right next to your bed, you would want to flatten him good.

Bubbles
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 02:34 AM
Hey spyderpig,

The shark thing would work if your house was on a mote, shark infested water's would be ideal, we could all pull up a chair & wait for the next thief or.............. pizza delivery man :wave2

The main thing is you are ok & your fish - everything else can be replaced.

gibbo91
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 07:18 AM
Man that sucks, leaves me wondering what life was like for them growing up... You can be guaranteed it wasn't easy though.

nicholas76
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
Burglaries or aggravated burgs as it is in this case SUCK big time, apart from losing your most valued items its that breach of personal space that hits people the most.

On occasions like this I'd rather deliver the punishment myself then let the courst deal with it.

I have no sympathy for people that do this, drug related probably, but its no excuse at the end of the day