PDA

View Full Version : WTB Terminalia catappa whole leaves

ozarowana
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 02:07 AM
If anyone has some whole leaves they don't need please let me know. New or used is ok.

Thanks

Xtreme
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 02:15 AM
https://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=2726

HTH :)

ozarowana
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks guys, but I need whole leaves :D

Robdog
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 05:15 AM
I'm working on it...

Rod
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 05:21 AM
Pet City sells them..... :D

Rod
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 05:37 AM
or

http://www.bettaforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27315

or

ebay....lots for sale from Malaysia/Thailand

ozarowana
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 05:41 AM
Thanks Rod. I don't really want to buy from overseas... do Customs/AQIS let the leaves in?

ILLUSN
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 05:41 AM
Cant import them from overseas, customs will destroy them and possibly fine you.

Rod
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 05:52 AM
I tried to bring leaves in from PNG.....I declared them and they were confiscated because they had mold on them and did not have a tag saying what they were????

I was told they are a legal import if clean and properly named...
I seen posts on other forums of people saying they received leaves from OS bought of ebay

flaggy
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 06:10 AM
In the past, I've bought from an ebay shop twice (each time, 200 leaves) and both times, I received the packages without any issue. The packages were clearly labelled with "Catappa leaves for aquarium use" on the green AQIS sticker.

According to the AQIS website, the following apply for importing of "Terminalia catappa, Dried - [Herb, leaf, flower, root]" for non-commercial purposes:

Non-Commercial

1. An Import Permit is not required.

2. A Quarantine Entry is not required.

3. All material in the consignment must be labelled with full botanical names i.e. genus and species. Each package must be labelled. Alternatively if the goods are easily identifiable, then there is no requirement of the botanical nomenclature.

4. All material in the consignment must be thoroughly dried and not capable of propagation.

5. Each consignment will be subject to an inspection to verify that it is free of prohibited seeds, live insects, soil and other quarantine risk material.

6. If the consignment does not meet the above conditions it will be treated as detailed in the Commercial conditions below, re-exported or destroyed.

ozarowana
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 06:16 AM
Checked out ebay... here's the answer to the customs questions.

All my packages are carefully and honestly labeled with approved customs declaration stickers. Thus far, I've not have any problem with the customs when shipping to US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Poland, Belgium, Greece and Japan. Of the several packages I've sent to Canada, only one large package thus far was detained at customs but eventually released at no extra cost. Of the many packages I've sent to Australia only one was detained by customs and had to be abandoned (with full refund given to my customer). The rest either passed through stringent customs inspection without difficulties, or were released after clarifications. If you reside in Australia and would like to buy this package, I hope that you will help me with the postage cost if it gets detained and have to be abandoned (which is unlikely to happen again as I have been in contact with the AQIS on the matter).