PDA

View Full Version : looks like white spots!

djceri_g
Tue Nov 13, 2007, 07:39 PM
Something wrong once again!! Something has been irritating my fish for a while now and ive been worming thinking that was the problem, but I now noticed they have white spots on their body

ILLUSN
Tue Nov 13, 2007, 10:14 PM
whats your temp?
you shouldn't be getting white spot at temps of 30C

djceri_g
Wed Nov 14, 2007, 08:26 AM
Its at 30C, It did drop to 26c once because of a power cut over night!!

djceri_g
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 12:10 PM
anyone?

benjohnson
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 04:29 PM
Can you get a picture ??? Are they swimming around normally other wise?? If they have whitespot , then a simple treatment from the shop will clear that up in no time. I think waterlife do one thats quite effective.

If you can get a piccy up then someone can tell you if it is definately white spot, or ick ( I ve never dealt with ick before so i dont know all the symptoms)

Cheers,
Ben

ILLUSN
Thu Nov 15, 2007, 10:12 PM
if it is white spot protozin by waterlife is the product you want, still seem strange in a discus tank.

djceri_g
Fri Nov 16, 2007, 08:26 AM
After what Ive been reading, It sounds like Ick. Ick is free swimming and Ive been complainng about my water having white bits floating aound for ages! Or is Ick so small you cannot see it? I will try get a pic tonight. The fish have slowed down a bit, havent seen any spawing activity for a while! but they are all feeding well, except for one sometimes seems to be shy. thanks

djceri_g
Tue Nov 20, 2007, 10:46 AM
I addede treatment for white spots and they have all dissapeared!! Looking at their fins though, it looks like someones sliced them! could this be due to the medication or bad water quality?

ILLUSN
Tue Nov 20, 2007, 12:00 PM
bad water quality, my rose reds had the same problem, the fry were generating too much waste and they got "white spots" on their fins.
I took the fry out gave 2 days of 95% changes and now they are back to normal, no spots and fin damage looks to be improving.

djceri_g
Tue Nov 20, 2007, 01:06 PM
so maybey a 30% w/c every 3 days isnt enough!

ILLUSN
Tue Nov 20, 2007, 10:33 PM
should be ok, my 650L only gets 2 30% changes a week and they're always fine. are you over feeding? are you removing all the uneaten food 1/2 hour after each feed?

djceri_g
Wed Nov 21, 2007, 11:45 AM
i syphon the food on every water change, I have to admit, I have been over feeding!! I have clown loaches on the bottom to eat the waste. In the last few days I have been hand feeding them with beef heart from my hands. saves waste floating to the bottom.

The fish looks much better after treatment. But I noticed on 2 of them, they have red gills and spitting food.