PDA

View Full Version : male or female?...pics included

Andy123
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 02:18 AM
hi guys...i hav 3 discus atm n i hav a good photo of the tube...male or female wot do u think? i bought them 2weeks ago n they go really fat when i feed them n 2 of them show like this(1 from 2weeks ago n one from a few years ago) and th other on doesnt do this...i will be buyin more soon n hopefully i can get atleast 1 pair to breed. btw it wasnt taken while laying eggs or anything...just when i can see it n i hav never had discus lay eggs b4 or pair.

wot r signs of pairin...i think the pic is a male cause he gets chased more han the other one. and i think my big one i hav had for a few years is same sex as the one in the pic because he/her was by him/her self for a while n once i got these guys/girls he /she started putin a tube down too. i will get some full body shots later and of the other ones too

here is the pic
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/fishkid951/PB070251.jpg

Robdog
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 04:09 AM
I'll say male. 50% chance I'm right

samir
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 04:46 AM
If Rob's wrong, I said female, if he's right, I wasn't here :D

Merrilyn
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 08:28 AM
I'm guessing it's a male :P

samir
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 09:39 AM
all crystal clear Andy ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy123
Thu Nov 08, 2007, 10:08 AM
well i think...so u say male too...thats wot i thought...i saw that this one is being picked on more than the other new one so yeah...i think my oldestbon that i hav had since i started with discus is male n he is the one picking on this one,..but not the other one that much...so could this mean that the other one could be female as both the discus dropped there tubes n thye both looked the same and the other one hasnt?? also they drop the tubes when i feed em. the new ones go really fat n then...pop they come out after 5 mins. is this normal as they think it is gravid?(if it is a femnale(fingers crossed). hope i gt a pair soon...wot r the procedures in pairing up?

thanx all